Using stupid law to my advantage, but I need help...

Why not Bullpup it? Mine is just 33 1/2" OAL or 30" OAL w/o the slip on butt pad and Chaos Wave muzzelbreak. That's built on the Centuary Arms/KVar kit. If you need to, cut the extra inch and a half off the butt and it would put you right around 28 3/4"s. You would still have a full 19" barrel at a concealable length. No major moding required except the stock kit(mostly plastic).

Just a thought. Eventualy I'd like to cut my barrel to about 12". That would give me about 27 1/2" even w/ the pad and break. But I wont do it till I get my x39 w/ 20" barrel. Still may have to reach out and touch someone, lol.

Corbin, What'd you get (or what are you getting)? I have never applied for an AOW in MI anyone who can explain the process PM me or start a thread. BpS12 I plan to do exactly that already have it partially figured out. Not using a kit though.

Corbin, What'd you get (or what are you getting)? I have never applied for an AOW in MI anyone who can explain the process PM me or start a thread. BpS12 I plan to do exactly that already have it partially figured out. Not using a kit though.

Good, I wont be on my Sx39 either and may redo my S12 as well. Once you figure it out, the stock doesn't need to be any big thing. I look forward to your pics.

Corbin, What'd you get (or what are you getting)? I have never applied for an AOW in MI anyone who can explain the process PM me or start a thread.

I'm not getting an AOW. I'm getting a pistol gripped shotgun that's under 30", but over 26". So in MI, it'll be considered a pistol (if registered as such before the end of the year).

Corbin

Michigan House bill 5038 has passed and is now in the Senate. This bill will revise the pistol definition in MI to bring it more in line with Fedral rules (under 26" instead of 30").

theblackcat,

Thanks for posting the link.

I see that the bill that you linked to is part of legislation that includes two other bills. HB 4501 defines a pistol as any gun under 26" in length rather than 30". HB 4502 makes it illegal to sell a gun over 26" in length to a minor. HB 5038, that you linked to, grandfathers the carry of a weapon between 26" and 30" as a pistol for anyone that both had a CPL and had such a rifle or shotgun prior to the law going into effect. I'm posting this because I was very puzzled by the language in the bill you linked to until I read, "Enacting section 2. This amendatory act does not take effect unless all of the following bills of the 95th Legislature are enacted into law: (a) House Bill No. 4501. (B) House Bill No. 4502.", and then read those bills as well. I thought others who didn't read to the very end might also be puzzled.

Very interesting. I have a number of weapons that would qualify to be grand fathered but have dragged my feet about getting a CPL for years. I have all of my paperwork in but the expected date for issuance of my CPL is going to make for a photo finish if these bills pass the senate and go into effect Jan. 1. I wasn't planning on carrying any of the weapons for protection but it would be nice to have numerous loaded mags in the vehicle while going to the range rather than having to load there.

-Centerfire

Edited by Centerfire

Centerfire I think (Don't quote me on this in court) that as long as the rifle/shotgun is already recognized as a "pistol" under MI law, it won't matter if you have your CPL after the fact.

From HB 5038

SEC. 3. A PERSON WHO, BEFORE JANUARY 1, 2010, LAWFULLY OWNED,

POSSESSED, CARRIED, OR TRANSPORTED A FIREARM 30 INCHES OR LESS IN

LENGTH AS A PISTOL PURSUANT TO A LICENSE ISSUED UNDER SECTION 2 OR

5B OR PURSUANT TO AN EXEMPTION UNDER SECTION 2 OR 5B MAY CONTINUE

TO LAWFULLY OWN, POSSESS, CARRY, OR TRANSPORT THAT FIREARM AS A

PISTOL AFTER JANUARY 1, 2010 PURSUANT TO THAT LICENSE OR ANY

RENEWAL OF THAT LICENSE OR PURSUANT TO THAT EXEMPTION.

The phrase, "...pursuant to that license or any renewal of that license ...", would seem to refer to a CPL as opposed to a permit to purchase. I guess we'll see if and when it is signed into law.

-Centerfire