Just got back from a friends private range. These guy's have custom 6 and 6.5mm rig's that are awesome. They compete out to 1,000yard's. I am IMPRESSED! The range we shot at this morning was 558yds. 1st round shooter shot a 2inch group in a 5 to 15 mph breeze! 2nd shot close to the same! WOW! "Sly, your next". uh oh......

So I break out the old .30-06........LOL. I had it sighted at 100 yds for deer season. So they gave me 10 rds to sight in at 558. I put in a 5 shot 18 inch group my first try! I thought that was great! The guys gave me some laugh's. Good time and I learned alot.

We went to clay's next, LOL I missed all 5 shot's. Thats fun. They destroyed em EASILY.

Awesom morning

Oct09003.jpg

Just guessing that the target board is 10ft wide by 6ft tall.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

I need to get a laser range finder.

My guesses at range suck.

Me too, I would have guessed 700yds? Buddy has a sweet laser rangefinder. It probably cost more than my rifle.......put the tgt in the circle, press the button, 558yds from the edge of table to tgt. Way too rich for Sly.

Forgot to mention when I was resighting back to 150yds for deer. They broke out a Sweet little .17hmr. I like that one too. 2inch groups at 150yds! You could fire that thing off your nose and not blink!

Sorry I did not get any good pic's of the rifles. The one I posted is a 6mm custom. You cannot buy that round in walleyworld. That's no .17 pictured. These guy's are serious! The high dollar rifle I saw was 4,500$ and weighed 65 lbs (POUND'S) withought the micro adjustable base! Fore and rear! They are OUT OF MY LEAGE! I showed up with a .30-06. LOL!

nah, that looks to be 600 meters....

Im impressed that your first time out, you hit an 18" circle at that range.....thats actually not bad.....you better keep those buddies close....thats irreplaceable, that opportunity, Sly.....

Im impressed that your first time out, you hit an 18" circle at that range.....thats actually not bad.....

I agree. And it looks like you're also shooting UP in elevation (plays tricks on your zero). You certainly had the right caliber for it in the aught-six. Just out of curiosity though, I wonder how well these guys would shoot if they had to move their rifles off the table! :)

• Like 1
... Just out of curiosity though, I wonder how well these guys would shoot if they had to move their rifles off the table! :)

Absolutely, at 65 lbs it becomes not a measure of marksmanship, but of the quality of the rifle build and barrel!

Plus 1.

... Just out of curiosity though, I wonder how well these guys would shoot if they had to move their rifles off the table! :)

Absolutely, at 65 lbs it becomes not a measure of marksmanship, but of the quality of the rifle build and barrel!

Plus 1.

and a measure of the quality of the table, too. You don't want a wobbly table messing up your shot! :lol:

Plus 1.

Yes but I must admit I'm a little jealous that they could fund such projects and have the range to shoot it! I bet one of their optics alone is worth more than the contents of my gun locker.