Good stuff, I love happy endings. Did you here about the one in Montana last year? a 15 year old girl was home alone when 2 latin males broke in. She took up position at the top of the stairs with a shotgun and took one out with a chest shot on the way up the steps, not sure about the other one. Turns out they killed a man and stole his gun-which they had at the time. She was a champion skeet shooter! I love that one. Shame she didn't get them before they got that guy though.

Man I LOVE reading this stuff!, You don't see it much in the local news. Imagine how much different it would be if they only printed news like this and nothing else. I think the bravado of the perps would go down in flames. Especially if they would make they bad guys walk down the streets in chains while the crowd voiced their displeasure. It's a nice fantasy of an upside down world. Kudos to the skeet shooting girl!

Edited by BronCobraJet

A friend of mine (a Nam Vet :cryss: ) was at a car wash several years ago and some Zombie pulled a gun in an attempt to rob him. When my friend didn't move fast enough for the zombie, the zombie hit him with the gun, (bad move) :eek:

My friend, (former Green Baret :D ) took the gun and beat the zombie into intensive care :lolol: ......wait it gets better :lol:

When the cops questioned my friend as to why he so maliciously beat the zombie, he said what do mean, I only hit him once, that I remember :lol: he showed his VA Card and was not asked any more questions nor was he charged :haha:

I guess this on kinda fits my signature too :smoke:

Hmm, I wonder what caliber the 50 yr old in Tucson shot the 18 yr old with. I'm thinking it had to be smaller than .40 for the guy to run off, get away in a car, and then get himself into the hospital later on. All I'm saying is that that guy wouldn't have made it to the car if it was me he was trying to rob. .45 wounds'll slow you right down. :D

I love to read these stories, cause you know that they're common, the state-run media just reports em so rarely.

That story about the skeet-champ girl is great also. That second guy made the right choice to gtfo :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Hmm, I wonder what caliber the 50 yr old in Tucson shot the 18 yr old with. I'm thinking it had to be smaller than .40 for the guy to run off, get away in a car, and then get himself into the hospital later on. All I'm saying is that that guy wouldn't have made it to the car if it was me he was trying to rob. .45 wounds'll slow you right down. :D...

You never know. Maybe the 18-year-old was a real big fella. Strange things happen. There's been cases of large guys dropping like flies from being hit with a .22, and guys hit with a .357 walking into ER's and calmly explaining that they've been shot. These are of course exceptions, but these things do happen.

Was thinking about changing from my 1911 to a sub compact 45 as the 1911 is getting a little heavier to carry, but now thinking of a glock 29..compact 10mm ..don't think they would get in a car and walk into a hospital from that round, no matter what drug dejuor they were on that day!! LOL

Was thinking about changing from my 1911 to a sub compact 45 as the 1911 is getting a little heavier to carry, but now thinking of a glock 29..compact 10mm ..don't think they would get in a car and walk into a hospital from that round, no matter what drug dejuor they were on that day!! LOL

10mm is overkill for human targets. Also, the ammo is fucking expensive.. if it costs too much to fire, you won't train with it. .45 ACP is a perfect man-stopper. Check this out...

Self serve car washes seem to be a popular place to try to rob people.

A few months ago, I was at one on M.L.K. & Killingsworth :rolleyes: in my area.

A Hispanic female approached me crying, mumbling something about her boyfriend. She asked to borrow my cell phone to call a ride.

Being the "Captain SaveAho", that I am, I let her use it...

She dug through her purse, like she was looking for a phone #, but I quickly got the feeling that she was stalling. (She just rummaged, she didn't seem to be looking for anything)

Within a minuet, 2 very large (6'3 250+lb) African American males were approaching. They were nearly a block away & she asked if she could get into my car. I declined her request. Seconds later, the largest approaching male shouted; "I'll tear that motherfucken' car up & that motherfucker to get to you"

Now when the girl asked to get in to my car, she didn't ask loudly, it was like a soft nervous mumble.

At the distance the approaching males were, there was NO WAY they could of heard her ask me if she could get in my car.

As they drew closer, (Making a straight line for ME) :eek: The female went by my drivers door, she didn't seem very frightened, & the males continued in my direction in a threatening manner.

I quickly realized this was a setup.

When I grasped my sidearm & drew it from my side as they were approximately 15' from me they stopped dead in their tracks & were suddenly contrite.

(I kept my Glock next to me, by my side, but ready, as not to cause a passing motorist to panic, or worse a cop to shoot me.( I am a VERY quick draw))

I commanded the female to hand me my phone, which she slid to me on my trunk, & I proceeded to call the Police.

At this point she turned all "Hood Rat" & stated that if I called the Police that she would say that I had tried to rape her & all three of them retreated down the road.

They were a half block away when the 911 operator finally answered.

Being as I had to sue the county to get my C.H.L., I told the operator that the problem was walking away & I no longer needed assistance.

I did not want a police report filed stating that I drew my sidearm for fear that it may be used as a "threat of violence" to take my C.H.L. (The sheriff in Portland tries to issue as few C.H.L.'s as they can.)

So be warned, criminals seem to have realized that we are vulnerable in Car washes.

Do not leave your keys in the ignition.

Stay in public view.

Never drop your guard.

And If you are planning on robbing someone...

Don't assume he is an easy target just because he wears a tweed sport-coat. ;)