converted saiga wont fire second round.needs help!!!

just finished my saiga conversion last week. took her to the range today , to my surprise it wont fire the second round! i have to keep on charging the gun . in short it will only fire one round then i have to charge again for the next round.the shells eject no issue on that i even tried both light loads and 00 buckshots,still nothing. any advice is greatly needed. maybe it has something to do with the hammer. i used a tromix fcg but ending up grinding some part of top of the hammer because the charging handle wont fit.

hope this can be fixed. should i put back the old hammer? thank you.

just finished my saiga conversion last week. took her to the range today , to my surprise it wont fire the second round! i have to keep on charging the gun . in short it will only fire one round then i have to charge again for the next round.the shells eject no issue on that i even tried both light loads and 00 buckshots,still nothing. any advice is greatly needed. maybe it has something to do with the hammer. i used a tromix fcg but ending up grinding some part of top of the hammer because the charging handle wont fit.

hope this can be fixed. should i put back the old hammer? thank you.

nevermind....reading comprehension problem.

Edited by GerryV

Fire one shot,then take the top cover off to see if the hammer is reset.There can be interference between the hammer and any bolts/nuts you used to install the trigger guard.You can check this at home by dry firing the weapon and, while holding the trigger down,cycle the action and see if the hammer stays back.

Fire one shot,then take the top cover off to see if the hammer is reset.There can be interference between the hammer and any bolts/nuts you used to install the trigger guard.You can check this at home by dry firing the weapon and, while holding the trigger down,cycle the action and see if the hammer stays back.

maybe this is it , i have to check the gun. baby sitting cant do it right now. thank you. any more advices?

maybe this is it , i have to check the gun. baby sitting cant do it right now. thank you. any more advices?

If the hammer isn't reset, (which is what your post sounds like to me) you are most likely having a disconnector problem.

With the cover off and the bolt and bolt carrier removed from the gun you can pull the trigger while holding the hammer with your left thumb, then set the hammer with your left thumb while you are holding the trigger back. The small spring loaded latch on the back of the trigger should be catching the hammer preventing it from riding the bolt back down.

did you match the profile of the new hammer to the old one?

yes i did, they look fine i even matched it with my converted 762. i guess the hammer does not reset everytime i fire??

On the 12, it shouldn't look exactly the same as your 7.62 as the hump needs to be ground off for use in the 12. See the below pictures from Carolinas Shooters Supply.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-TRIGGERS-%26-INTERNAL-PARTS/Categories

• 2 weeks later...

did you match the profile of the new hammer to the old one?

yes i did, they look fine i even matched it with my converted 762. i guess the hammer does not reset everytime i fire??

On the 12, it shouldn't look exactly the same as your 7.62 as the hump needs to be ground off for use in the 12. See the below pictures from Carolinas Shooters Supply.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-TRIGGERS-%26-INTERNAL-PARTS/Categories