Does the S223 use a simple Tapco FCG for conversion?

That is 100% correct, if you don't want the BHO. I chose to go without the BHO and the entire thing dropped right in. A month or so later, I noticed that I missed it. When I put the BHO back in, the only modification needed was some filing of where the BHO plate fits next to the hammer.

That is 100% correct, if you don't want the BHO. I chose to go without the BHO and the entire thing dropped right in. A month or so later, I noticed that I missed it. When I put the BHO back in, the only modification needed was some filing of where the BHO plate fits next to the hammer.

The only mod to the Tapco trigger group would be if you want the BHO...and if you do not want to do that, Tromix already has the Tapco trigger group modified for the BHO. Carolina Shooters Supply has it Tromix Trigger Group

• 2 weeks later...

The only mod to the Tapco trigger group would be if you want the BHO...and if you do not want to do that, Tromix already has the Tapco trigger group modified for the BHO. Carolina Shooters Supply has it Tromix Trigger Group

I bought the Tapco G2 trigger group from carolinashooterssupply.com for my 223 2 weeks ago. It worked out flawlessly and simple to install. My BHO works great!