Help the dolt

I know this is asking a lot, but I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to help me out through PMing or even a brief phone call with my .308 conversion. I got Dinzag's G2 FCG, retaining plate, Saw PG w/ nut, T6 stock and Handguard w/ rails. Got enough to get the job, just not as smart as I thought I was. Getting the pins out is giving me fits.

Thanks for any help.

Got to remember to remove the original retaining wire, it makes removing the pins much easier..learned that the hard way.

:lolol: How hard did you have to punch to get the pins out? I would guess you were not able to reuse the pins and retainer

:lolol: How hard did you have to punch to get the pins out? I would guess you were not able to reuse the pins and retainer

Not very hard, because it didn't take long to realize something was wrong, but it was one of those duh! moments... I wasn't concerned about the retaining wire because I had purchased the retaining plate and the pins were not damaged as I stopped beating on them before they were damaged.

Not very hard, because it didn't take long to realize something was wrong, but it was one of those duh! moments... I wasn't concerned about the retaining wire because I had purchased the retaining plate and the pins were not damaged as I stopped beating on them before they were damaged.

Yeah, it is a good idea to do some additional research before starting a new project. AK is a simple rifle, but some things may get tricky at first.

On the other note, there exists about 5 types/configurations of the retaining spring/wire and all of them work very well and never cose any problems. Although, in general, the plate may be a better solution, but for this particular application it is overkill and grossly overpriced. Why pay $10 for a $1 part.

Edited by BKLYN_C

Once the spring (Sheppard Crook its called IIRC) and hammer spring and Safety lever are out all that holds the pins is some friction. Punch and small hammer taps all that's required.

Good videos on you tube converting the 7.62x39 rifle most of it applies and is pretty much required viewing ASAP. Search for Saiga Conversion you will find them.

Getting that plate off on the bottom of the receiver was the worst my first time had to grind down four rivets to get it off. The 308s vary a bit more than the x39 rifles if you dont have a pre-cut FGC opening get a template found here or Dinzag.com. I always use his parts and have never regretted it.

Watch the videos if you haven't, unless of course you finished already.

Got 'er done! Big thanks to RenegadeBuck, Mav and Noob308. This is a great Forum with great folks. Now the rest is downhill...and then the .223

We are of course gonna need pics. :super:

• Like 1

I know this is asking a lot, but I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to help me out through PMing or even a brief phone call with my .308 conversion. I got Dinzag's G2 FCG, retaining plate, Saw PG w/ nut, T6 stock and Handguard w/ rails. Got enough to get the job, just not as smart as I thought I was. Getting the pins out is giving me fits.

Thanks for any help.

Glad it's done!! I was just preparing to have you PM me for my phone number to see if I could lend a hand.

Vern

Edited by AKsarben

When I said "got 'er done", I meant the tear down. Give me some time and will post a pic. This is just a utility rifle, nothing near as nice as I've seen of all yours. But, as time goes by, I"m sure it's gonna go through some mutations. We will see what today holds...

Thanks, Brothers...

(and I heard there may be a sis or two out there!)

Got 'er done! Big thanks to RenegadeBuck, Mav and Noob308. This is a great Forum with great folks. Now the rest is downhill...and then the .223

We are of course gonna need pics. :super:

Absolutely, without pics, it never really happened... :D

I had already ordered a TriggerGuard when I was showed how easy it is to use the original. Might as well use it. Coming in by Wednesday I hope. I can save you the wait though. Look at the Tapco flash banner, and you'll see what it looks like. Without the foregrip. I know...doesn't count. I'll put it up when done. Probably next weekend.

Is AK, pretty like Russian woman that can pull plow in Spring when horse sick.

How did you know this about Russian women? Are you married to one?:rolleyes:

PS. If I tell this to my wife she will kick me in the balls

Edited by BKLYN_C

I had already ordered a TriggerGuard when I was showed how easy it is to use the original. Might as well use it. Coming in by Wednesday I hope. I can save you the wait though. Look at the Tapco flash banner, and you'll see what it looks like. Without the foregrip. I know...doesn't count. I'll put it up when done. Probably next weekend.

Glad you got it finished. I told you it was easy! Now you're a pro!