I recently purchased a Texas Weapons System dog leg rail for my .223 and was so impressed I wanted to pass along a review.

First let me say I am in no way associated with the manufacturer or distributors of this product. After much deliberation over what type of optics mount

to go with I went with this one.

The rail is very well designed and manufactured. It hugs the receiver cover but allows tool-less access to the receiver cover for cleaning.

The rear flip up/down peep site locks firmly up or down and is an option for this rail.

Unfortunately, I had to purchase this from a non-member vendor and strongly suggest that our vendors look into offering this rail.

It is very well made. I still need to decide on optics and test the zero retention but I feel confident that this product will perform beautifully.

I hope this review is helpful to our forum.

post-15138-12572563945833_thumb.jpgpost-15138-12572564074492_thumb.jpgpost-15138-12572564336223_thumb.jpgpost-15138-12572564528473_thumb.jpgpost-15138-12572564708183_thumb.jpg

Edit to add: I just learned that these rails are offered through forum vendor Tak47 Industies

Edited by DaveM

That looks awesome, It also looks like that flip up peepsite can move left or right for windage adjustment.

That rear cam lock looks pretty far back, I wonder if recoil will put any of that near your face while shooting,...

Yes, there is windage adjustment on the peep.

I don't think the rear cam is an issue. I have a CAA M4 style adjustable stock with the cheek piece.

For my preferred LOP setting it seems fine.

Well I dunno if it helps, because I haven't mounted the Burris on my Saiga, but I believe I used Leupold Rifleman mid height rings. (the rifle's I have them mounted on are in my safe at a different location)

• Like 1