16 members have voted

1. 1. How Does CONDOR Gear hold up?

• Good Quality (Would use it)
    • Bad Quality (Suggest Better Brands)
    • No Experience with it

As the core of my Multicam Tactical Gear setup, I have been considering CONDOR products such as their Quick Release Plate Carrier, 3 Day Assault Pack & Battle/Rigger Belt and possibly a leg rig to put all my pouches on. Condor seems to be decent quality and affordable, but give me some feed back; good or bad...Keep in mind that you opinion DOES matter to me, because i want quality gear, and if i need to save my money longer to get good stuff, so be it...

please post your thoughts and comments. Also please know that i am considering other brands, but i want to know specifically about CONDOR GEAR.

I've found Condor to be excellent "low end"(meaning price) gear. For me it's a matter of haveing the best I can afford now and upgradeing later, rather than waiting for later and not haveing anything now.

If SHtF, You'll use what you have. If you have NOTHING, well, you're just SOL.

There is a reason that the high end gear is so expensive, besides the name. I've found the higher end stuff to be more water resistant and possibly ware resistant also. That said, I really like my Condor gear.

I have Condor, UTG, BlackHawk, etc. The great thing about Molle gear is that you can mix and match depending on your needs and your budget.

If it is what you want, get it. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Try tactical tailor, Kifaru, OSOE gear or basically anything not made for the airsoft crowd. With nylon gear you get what you pay for (just like rifles) so don't buy the cheapest crap. Look for 1000d fabric, look for the better stitching and look for reviews online. Good Luck!

I've found Condor to be excellent "low end"(meaning price) gear. For me it's a matter of haveing the best I can afford now and upgradeing later, rather than waiting for later and not haveing anything now.

If SHtF, You'll use what you have. If you have NOTHING, well, you're just SOL.

There is a reason that the high end gear is so expensive, besides the name. I've found the higher end stuff to be more water resistant and possibly ware resistant also. That said, I really like my Condor gear.

I have Condor, UTG, BlackHawk, etc. The great thing about Molle gear is that you can mix and match depending on your needs and your budget.

If it is what you want, get it. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

It seems like you and I would be great friends. We seem to see eye to eye on just about everything on this issue.

Edited by RoughRider666

Try tactical tailor, Kifaru, OSOE gear or basically anything not made for the airsoft crowd. With nylon gear you get what you pay for (just like rifles) so don't buy the cheapest crap. Look for 1000d fabric, look for the better stitching and look for reviews online. Good Luck!

I am considering the Tactical Tailor quick release plate carrier, but im going to have to save a lil while to get it. for the Record though, from what i have read everywhere online about the newer Multicam Condor stuff; its made of 1000 Denier Cordura, which is tough no matter who makes it...

I am considering the Tactical Tailor quick release plate carrier, but im going to have to save a lil while to get it. for the Record though, from what i have read everywhere online about the newer Multicam Condor stuff; its made of 1000 Denier Cordura, which is tough no matter who makes it...

Much of the stuff made in Tawian, China and elseware by slave children is stitched poorly. There are exceptions. I own some diplomat bags, that have worked well. Let me know what Tactical Tailor stuff you want, I have a bunch of used stuff, I'd let go for pennies on the $.

Much of the stuff made in Tawian, China and elseware by slave children is stitched poorly. There are exceptions. I own some diplomat bags, that have worked well. Let me know what Tactical Tailor stuff you want, I have a bunch of used stuff, I'd let go for pennies on the $.

Cool...PM sent

I'm not a gear snob by any means. The brand names don't mean shit to me. Of course, if I were buying body armor or ballistic helmets I would go for top of the line , or as close as I could get. But for mag pouches,accessory pouches, etc. I go for best bang for the buck.

I have a Condor fold out dump pouch attached to a custom Molle chest rig I had made. Works fine. I mean really, whats the diff when it comes to pouches anyway? If the plate carrier and other stuff you are looking at has all the features you want, then BUY it...

Edited by Jpanzer

Hey RR666,

If this is just for SHtF, than go with what you can get and upgrade later, BUT, if it's for day to day needs where your life is on the line, go with the top of the line if at all possible.

If it is for SHtF, consider spending less money on an "over armour" vest and getting concealable armour for underneath. That way you can use the armour for more than just when SHtF. This is the route I'm takeing as I am no longer in the Mil, LE, etc. The concealable is of more use, in that I can wear it anytime without suspicion. The plate carrier, hmm, not so much.

Good luck,

.... Let me know what Tactical Tailor stuff you want, I have a bunch of used stuff, I'd let go for pennies on the $.

Large Plate Carrier?

I think that im going to go with the TTRAC - Tactical Tailor Releasable Armor Carrier for my main vest for the simple fact that i KNOW its more than likely not going to fail under harsh conditions...ill use Condor Gear for everything else until i can afford to further upgrade.

Edited by RoughRider666
  • 9 months later...

.... Let me know what Tactical Tailor stuff you want, I have a bunch of used stuff, I'd let go for pennies on the $.

Large Plate Carrier?

Sorry no. However, if your going for rifle plates (Level IV) US Palm is going to be putting them out. Plates and Carrier will be something like $400. I forget where I saw it advertised? Ill check around and edit this post.