Has anyone seen a POF rifle in person, or better yet, shot one? I think they look awesome with the Robar NP3 silver coating, but. wow, they are pretty pricey! From what I've read on the AR forums, some people think they are the cat's meow, and some people think they do not hold a candle to LWRC or LMT. I've seen some relatively good deals on POF rifles on Gunbroker recently, but I'm not sure they are worth the price, even at the current economic discount they are receiving.

WJ

Has anyone seen a POF rifle in person, or better yet, shot one? I think they look awesome with the Robar NP3 silver coating, but. wow, they are pretty pricey! From what I've read on the AR forums, some people think they are the cat's meow, and some people think they do not hold a candle to LWRC or LMT. I've seen some relatively good deals on POF rifles on Gunbroker recently, but I'm not sure they are worth the price, even at the current economic discount they are receiving.

WJ

I'm not impressed with their limited 3 year "we'll decide if we want to fix it or not" warranty. Kelly from www.ttellc.net says he saw 3 out of 4 POF-USA rifles fail to make it through a high round count shooting match.

I've got one. Its a strong shooter but I have not put thousands of rounds down it to test it thoroughly. My brothers got an LWRC and he paid more for it. Many AR snobs seem to think the LWRC is better but to be honest, I prefer my POF. The short-stroke gas system is great for reducing the fouling inside the rifle, but what I like the most about it is the silicon nickel plating on the bolt, bolt carrier, and inside the upper. This stuff is great. I'm not sure if its exactly the same as Robar NP3 but its very very similar. You can literally just spray the bolt carrier with brake cleaner and the carbon crud slides right off without wiping. No joke, its awesome. They are quite spendy though. Only minor gripe is the small operating rod slides back and forth when you tilt the weapon making a clinking sound, similar to the puck moving in an unfired S12.