There were about 25% of the people at this gun show as compared to last year.

I was there for at least an hour and the ONLY financial transaction I saw was ME paying my $6 admission fee.

Everything was as overpriced as sin.

Edited by Bounce12

Just got back from the local show here...same crap, different city.

The asshat who told me that he wanted to "...sell something, anything, to anyone because the show was fuckin' dead" was not amused when I pointed out that if he lowered his prices to something approaching reasonable levels, perhaps he would. As an example, a new Kel-Tec PF9 is $209/dealer at the "single" gun buy. He had one with 50% finish marked $379.

News flash, hot shot...you ain't selling squat with used stuff at better than retail prices...

Yeah, well...meanwhile, I sold six new AR's, two complete uppers, and some mid-grade optics at my shop yesterday. The economy isn't dead, it is just picky ;)

Alex

ammo, saigas, PSLs, and garands(wtf?) were cheap or fair at last show I went to (last month), everything else was pretty bad, AR's, AKs (non saiga), and pistols mostly had the obscene prices, and for some odd reason mosin nagants.. friend was looking for an ar and wasn't pleased.. it was the third day of the show though, couldn't get out early enough

Went to major show in St. Paul, MN and it was dead! Only ones selling had good price. The rest sold nothing and bitched about how slow it was. Ammo in general is to high. did buy some 5.45x39 that I have not seen before (OK prices).

Only one dealer had Saiga's and they were to high: $429 .223/ 7.62x39 and $569 for .308 (no 5.45x39.

Romy's for $550

I'd say most people are out of money or already spent it.

I'd also say most dealers bought at high price.

I was able to attend 2 shows this weekend in Ne Illinois and both had a fair amount of people, but not a buying crowd! Lots of dealers complaining about lack of sales and if asked for their price it was sky high. Wasr's for $600 to $700 S-12 for $700. ammo was pricy but a few bagains if you looked tiger x39 for $4.50 but if you wanted 500 rds or more qty it was $175 and up. I feel that too many bought at the height of the frenzy and are not willing to dump and move on. The dealers I knew were selling but prices were reasonable.

I am also seeing a trend to fill the tables with hat pins and flea mkt junk. both shows had numerous tables filled with new dealers with nothing to do with "SPORTSMEN'S SHOW" items. Nice to see variety but an overwhelming number of non G&A tables is reason for me not to attend every time.

Attended a show in Monroe, MI on Saturday. I know better than to buy anything over $25.00 at the gun shows. I was looking for a web sling for my AR and could not find what I wanted. Found a front grip and a couple of small things. Wanted some AR mags and found none under $15.00. Forgot to pick some up at the store I bought my AR, they had them new for $7.99. I have till 1/10/10 to go back for some. Most shows I go to are a bust. My neighbor and I go to the close ones.