Finished my new mutt project today. 6 Pos. stock, Hogue grip, NDS 3 receiver, G2 FCG, US piston, Ultimak rail, Lower HG with rails, and I am waiting

on a extended muzzle brake from Sten parts. It is a copy of a AK 74 extended. I am trying some different red dot scopes. The one on the rifle is a

BSA 50 MM with a 5 MOA dot. Right now it seems big but I will wait until I shoot it and see for sure. I have a Surefire light that needs a new bulb

that will go on later. Shooting it tomorrow then blast and park. Every part on this rifle feels good to me. I tipped the rear trunnion a few degrees

down and once shouldered the sights line up just right. I will look good once it is all nice park.

After seeing the pics I see they were taken before I pinned the front sight post. Brake is twisted. Oh well.

ALL fixed up now and put on a light. That is as cool as it's going to get. Called Stenparts and they FORGOT to ship my order.

WTF

post-13220-1260748070508_thumb.jpg

post-13220-12607480912621_thumb.jpg

post-13220-12607481071672_thumb.jpg

post-13220-1260748124408_thumb.jpg

post-13220-12608403472441_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitetrashrn

Yea it is big but I can follow the cat in the house in a full trot with the dot on it. It is also helping me with

the two eye open shooting. I have this muzzle brake on the way and am blind pinning and welding up the pin. It is an AMD

because I want to try to get a SBR and use the original lenght with the brake that is on it. I have an extended AMD

brake that is on it now. I put an Romy lower hand guard retainer on it for AKM handguards.

post-13220-1260755413877_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not normally a fan of the AMD, but your "mutt" rifle looks pretty good! :up:

I love the '74-type brake, but I don't know why so many US companies that make copies can't get the design right. Those gas exhaust holes are in the wrong place, (the two on the top of the brake are not supposed to line up). Ah well. *shrug* It probably won't make that much difference in a semi-auto rifle. That said, check out AK-103.com ;)

Shot the mutt today and like the rest of my builds with a Nodak Spud receiver ran flawless.

At the home range we have a dump body sitting on the ground. The front of the body has a

window hole cut out and I hide behind that for my first few shots, 4 singles without the mag then 5 in the mag

then lock mags normal.Wamed her up and then sighted the red-dot in at 10 yds 20, then final

50 yards. Now this is where the fun started. Locked in a 75 drum and all went in and all came out

like they were supposed to. Once I shot a few with that pail size scope I liked it. Training to

shoot with both eyes now. Very pleased with all aspects of this one. The extended 74 style brake

worked very well. I like it a lot. I realy have to thank the forum members for all the advise I have taken

from here and hope I am skilled enough in the future to pass some along. Thanks.

Edited by whitetrashrn
  • 3 weeks later...

That I don't know. I did however switch out the coffee can reddot for a Bushnell Trophy 5 moa. A while back I got a Reddot for my M4 Bushmaster and did not like the single mount so I bought different mounts and the one I took off works perfect for the setup. The mount has the over red dot and the tunnel for the under Iron. Works way better. Big diff from 50 mm to 30mm though.

Edited by whitetrashrn