Never too young if you're there every second and shoving safety issues down his throat. My father once had me shooting a bb gun without eye protection, I had a ricochet go through my hair and I ran inside for eyes. He said there was no chance of it happening again. Well, he was right, but I'm not taking that chance, DAD. :rolleyes:

So, I don't know what "too young" is, but 15 is way too old.

You're never to old.

Thanks to this thread & being as I had no ideas on what to get them I just got my neices a Red Ryder. 1 is 15, one is 5. Between the two of them, they make the 10 year old recommended age on the box! ;)

I took it out to see how it functioned of course, & damn that little thing is fun!

Decent fit & finish, on par with other Chinese long guns.

I think I'll get one. I'm getting decent little groups in the back yard with "iorn sights". :D

.....did they ever make those things safer, so that if you pull the trigger with the lever open and it cocked, it DONT slam shut on your hand?

Yep they fixed it. I tested it myself. The lever is made of plastic now though.

Well i found out this weekend my nephew is to young for a BB gun. We were talking about what santa my bring him this xmas,and a BB gun is not on the list. I asked why, he said my dad said I was to young!

I say bullshit! His mom and dad are divorced.The dad is an ass, he only see's his son 2-3 times a month by choice! Both parents live here in vegas,and only a few miles apart.I have asked his mom if it was ok, and got thumbs up.

Btw guess who took the boy fishing for the first time,yep me. I guess I will teach him how to shoot,and hunt aswell.

So give it to his mom... B)

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1