Saiga Trigger versus AK Triggers

I have two Saigas: one on 7.62 by 39, one in .308. The first has a mediocre trigger at best, the second has a decent trigger in my opinion. But I just bought a MAK-90, a Chinese sporter AK, which has a very good trigger. Can anyone discuss the virtues of the Saiga triggers versus those on the standard AKs or on other sporterized AKs?

Thanks,

Monomonk

The MAK90 is the best imported AK there is, next to a true Russian. You can replace the FCG on a Saiga (and add a PG) and you will get a good trigger pull.

The Saiga 308 trigger is a joke, not even made the same as a real AK, I replaced mine REAL quick. Wonderful now.

Those of us who have learned to deal with the SKS triggers dont have a huge problem with the stock Saiga trigger. I polished mine up, it is nice and smooth, the G2 trigger is lighter, but no smoother. Personally I suffer far worse from a gritty trigger than a hard pull, as long as its with in reason. I have grown to like a the stiffer triggers anyway shooting milsurp stuff. I get on a tuned bolt action and it scares the crap out me because it goes off before its 'sposed to especially on the 1st round out. ;)

The saigas in the original configuration have one of the worst triggers I have

Seen, sloppy, long pull, lots of slack do not even break easy.

Now if you convert, get a FSE or tapco trigger, take the trigger and polish the inside of the claw, the ear of the hammer and you will have something a lot different.

Now if I own a .308, well I will get red star adjustable trigger, polish it and have

fun under the sun, that is if I have the money for it, but you get what you pay

for.

Common Guys, you should know that the first 5 rounds on a never try before gun

is to adjust it to you, or you to it, you learn the pull of trigger, the look true the scope or iron sights, the feel of the stock on shoulder and how it recoils and recovers from it, do not tell me, you guys think than in the first shot on a never try before gun, you are going to make bulls eyes, or know what to expect of it, even two identically guns have a different feel.

One point is right milsurp rifles have some of the stiffer trigger

you can get, saigas on the other hand have one of the worst trigger you

will have around, convert and change the FCG and you are going to be

a happy camper.

I guess I am lucky or something because both of my 223 triggers out of the box were roughly the same as the SKSs I have. I polished them all up and they all have have a reasonably smooth pull. Its still long, but its not gritty, and feels crisper with less creep than before.

Anyway, I dont get too hung up on it, because you spend enough time on a rifle no matter how crappy the trigger is and you get good with it.

Never try gun? heheh, if I go out shooting and shoot the saigas or milsurps rifles then switch to my handi rifle, the 1st one out always feels it goes too soon, its just the difference between 8lb and 4lb triggers. I had someone come shoot that had a 1 1/2lb trigger. It was too light I thought, if you felt anything move it was gone. I kept teasing maybe he needed to work his finger out on weights or something so he could have a manly trigger. :)

ROFL!!! I need to remmeber that....

You and your lil pussy, wussy, GIRLY TRIGGER finger.... need a light trigger cause you are too WEAK to pull a MANS TRIGGER like on an AK/Saiga!!!

ROFL!!! thats CHOICE!!!!!!

:smoke: