Welding services in eastern PA

If ya don't feel like posting , PM me a closer idea of "Eastern Pa"

Another resource might be to get in touch with some guys over at PAFOA (link in my sig)

Thanks for the replies! I live in Eastern PA near Plymouth Meeting/King of Prussia. The places listed "Williamsport/Erie"are about 2 hrs from me. Just trying local because I don't want the hassle of shipping a firearm.

PS Thread jack away :-)

Be careful , be very careful when you have some one do the welding for you.

I had a local welding shop welded a rail on my S12 cover for me and I end up have to buy a new cover.

Granted he did a nice job but the rail was crooked. I couldn't get mad at the guy he is a welder not the gunsmith that could also do the welding. just my two cents.

Be careful , be very careful when you have some one do the welding for you.

I had a local welding shop welded a rail on my S12 cover for me and I end up have to buy a new cover.

Granted he did a nice job but the rail was crooked. I couldn't get mad at the guy he is a welder not the gunsmith that could also do the welding. just my two cents.

and that is exactly what I am paranoid about. Or someone who is not familiar with the Saiga messing up the location. Ok I am down with shipping if someone has some good recommendations.. Looks like Tromix is a def no go..

Sounds to me like a good weldor is hard to come by. Steel is steel and aluminum is aluminum and it shouldn't matter if someone is a weldor and a gunsmith, a qualified person should be able to do the job and not warp your parts into malfunctioning. Just a thought from a west coast weldor. I've welded on all sorts of things from boats, quads, equipment, firearms, helicopters, tools, you name it and I have welded on it. All types of materials are different and should be treated differently. I'm not going to use the same machine/technique to weld on some sights as I would to weld on a ripper tooth for a backhoe. Ask questions before you agree to pay someone to wreck your shit, or use a reputable shop and pay what they ask. Knowledge is expensive and you get what you pay for.