Centereted scope mounting options...

I had bought a BP-02 mount that was suppose to be centered and it was no where near close. I modified it and got it as close center as I could get it, but its still not perfect. Besides the Beryl style mounts, is there any side mount options that are truly centered? I like the side mount since I have to pull the scope off to get it to fit in my safe which and its a lot easier to just pull the mount. I think I'm going to have to end up going with a Beryl style, but I just wanted to explore my options before I drop anymore money. Thanks.

This is the one I use: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AKS020-6.html

The price is right, it sits nice and centered, and with the set screws, its rock solid. I went with this one because my side mount broke off from recoil after trying to sight in my scope at the range, and because of the price. But because of the price, I had my doubts. It fit perfectly out of the box and removes quickly for storage and once put back on, does not need re-sighting. After using it at the range, my doubts vanished. I like this one better than the Beryl style because of ease of use and removability for cleaning and it has a peep through rail so the factory sights can still be used. I keep my stock dust cover handy for when I transport my rifle in a case. Its also a nice head turner at the range when people see me pull out the beast and start adding all the accessories (scope, bipod, etc). I'm sure there are better quality(at least similar, higher priced railed dust covers) out there. I hope this helps.

Well, I was going to start my own thread, but I can chime in here, I think...

I got this one from Carolina Shooter Supply...

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-336/Saiga-rifle-AK47-Beryl/Detail

Manufactured from solid billet, reasonably priced and ARRIVED IN 2 DAYS!!! I ordered it MONDAY, it was HERE TODAY!!

It mounts very solid, and took all of 2 minutes to mount on the rifle... ( Watch the video, it really is THAT easy to mount! ) Mine required ZERO fitting to the rifle... it popped right on perfectly, and locked up SOLID!

I have yet to get rings and a scope for it... but thats what I got, and its SWEET!!! When I get a scope mounted I will post some pics... :up:

You CANNOT go wrong with one of these mounting systems!!! It does NOT touch the dustcover, it mounts to the rear sight block and the rear trunnion tang/stock so you know its solid.

One screw at the rear to allow it to rotate up for dustcover removal and cleaning of the firearm.

I am not sure how well it will rezero, but it cant be any worse than everything already out there, and I am going to bet it will retain zero better than MOST current scope mounting systems available for the Saiga at this time.

:smoke:

I had looked at that one and was wondering how it was. I really liked the look of the Texas Weapon System mount, with the quick release on the back and the peep sight option (because I hate the idea of loosing the iron sights), but the price tag on that thing is a little out of my price range by the time I add in a nice set of detachable rings. It looks like I got my BP-02 REALLY close to center, so it will work for a while hopefully.

Well, I wanted to add an update... I put the rail on the 308 and could not get the rifle sighted in. I just did not have enough DOWN in the scope to get myself anywhere near close at 100 yards... I fiddled with it, adjusted the front allen screw up and down, I even tried to shim the rear of the rail to raise the back up... to no avail. I have side by side halved rings so I cannot shim the rings without relacing them... SO... I put it on my .223 instead, and it seems to be a LOT closer there. I still have to sight it in... but I was at least able to hit an 18" X 18" square at 100 with it... It just got too dark for me to keep shooting, so I had to stop for the day... I will update again as appropriate... I still think the rail is a VERY QUALITY unit!!! and if I were mounting something like a red dot or flip up sights for close range would be the cats meow

Good to know, thanks for the update. That's too bad that it isn't working out. I have been looking at both the DPH and the Texas Weapon System mount and I think I have decided to start saving up and just get the TWS mount and peep sight, I like the release it has so you don't have to use a screwdriver to take it down and you still can easily retain some sort of iron sight.

That's what I have, except mine was nowhere close to being center... :cryss:

I got mine from east wave in russia. Mine fits perfect. Im sorry to hear about yours. I have seen a couple of places selling ones almost identical for other rifles. Vepers, vz-58,dragunofs and such. May be you got one for one of them and thats why it doesnt fit right?

Edited by SomethingEZ

I have THREE of the eastwave mounts, JUST like that, and as mentioned, none are truly CENTERED over the centerline of the rifle...

They work for pretty well, though... I just wanted a TRUE centered rail mount9ing system for an optic...

I have THREE of the eastwave mounts, JUST like that, and as mentioned, none are truly CENTERED over the centerline of the rifle...

They work for pretty well, though... I just wanted a TRUE centered rail mount9ing system for an optic...

Exactly, it is close enough to work (mine was like 1/8" off), but my goal for this gun is to work anywhere from 50-300 yards and it is a hassle having to compensate or make adjustments for the windage all the time, so I want something that is truly centered. I reworked mine and it is pretty close, but it isn't perfect, it will get me by for a while.

I had bought a BP-02 mount that was suppose to be centered and it was no where near close.

Was it offset enough to allow you to use the irons? If so, that's what I'm looking for.

No, the one I have is the low mount one that sits about 1/4" above the dust cover. There are some higher ones, I THINK you can still look under the mount and use the irons with those, but I'm not completely sure.