spare parts list

okay. re-read it. it answered my questions. looks like i'll be looking for a polish akm and making my beloved saiga a safe queen. it's not going to be an effective battle rifle if it ever goes down and i can't swap parts or get replacement parts.

if you bought another Saiga instead of the Polish AKM, you would have two rifles with interchangeable parts, as opposed to two rifles that dont.

EXACTLY.........and 7.62's, 223 and 5X45.39 can currently be bought for $ 339.95.

okay. re-read it. it answered my questions. looks like i'll be looking for a polish akm and making my beloved saiga a safe queen. it's not going to be an effective battle rifle if it ever goes down and i can't swap parts or get replacement parts.

The only two parts you will not easily find are a 7.62x39 bolt and extractor.

you can modify an ak74 extractor to work. The bolt should never break.

If you get a 5.45 saiga, then really all the parts are available as we speak, even the bolt and the extractor.

Only parts Ive heard of wearing out was the spring or firing pin covered in the thread and which is easily found. If parts are a huge concern buy a second Saiga and leave it in the safe, the old two rifles are one and one is none concept. The most effective rifle is the one you have fully trained yourself to use and that wont happen if its locked in the safe. Good luck.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Only parts Ive heard of wearing out was the spring or firing pin covered in the thread and which is easily found. If parts are a huge concern buy a second Saiga and leave it in the safe, the old two rifles are one and one is none concept. The most effective rifle is the one you have fully trained yourself to use and that wont happen if its locked in the safe. Good luck.

"The firing line" milled ak maker out of OK claims his test model has over 100,000 rounds through it with no replacement parts and its made of chinese internals according to him.

A member of another board claims he has over 40,000 through his Maddi-Chinese Mak 90 Century Arms S/A franken ak hybrid one of the worst commercial mismatched import fiasco products ever.

He claims he has not cleaned, lubed, or replaced any parts (chinese internals) in over 40,000 rounds. It still works fine the last time he posted about it.

The only parts I would ever worry about are the disconnector spring, recoil spring, firing pin, and lastly the extractor/and spring.

I picked up several of each from kvar when they were cheap. Honestly, I am not sure I will ever exhaust 3 dozen recoil springs, 40 disconnector springs, 24

extractor springs, or a dozen firing pins in my lifetime. It will be fun to try and wear out as many as I can and then let my kids one day continue the task.

"The firing line" milled ak maker out of OK claims his test model has over 100,000 rounds through it with no replacement parts and its made of chinese internals according to him.

A member of another board claims he has over 40,000 through his Maddi-Chinese Mak 90 Century Arms S/A franken ak hybrid one of the worst commercial mismatched import fiasco products ever.

He claims he has not cleaned, lubed, or replaced any parts (chinese internals) in over 40,000 rounds. It still works fine the last time he posted about it.

The only parts I would ever worry about are the disconnector spring, recoil spring, firing pin, and lastly the extractor/and spring.

I picked up several of each from kvar when they were cheap. Honestly, I am not sure I will ever exhaust 3 dozen recoil springs, 40 disconnector springs, 24

extractor springs, or a dozen firing pins in my lifetime. It will be fun to try and wear out as many as I can and then let my kids one day continue the task.

Hehe think the barrel will go before you exhaust that parts cache.

Dam thats a lot of parts but hey you got it covered now.