Well My MD20 Drum Fits Nice and Tight

My Chinese 75 rnd drum fits just as securely as any of my other mags. I also have tried the Romanian 75 rnd drum that I gave my Dad for Christmas and it's just fine also.

Just how badly does yours fit your rifle? A little bit of wiggle, (which is normal), or a lot? Also, keep in mind that all drums and mags tend to fit a lot tighter when they're loaded than when they're empty.

Unfortunately I can't weld but I am going to go to the range today so I can test drive it. It's snowed a touch and the weather is cold but my gun has come in, my drum and 7.62 ammo are in, the s12 0000 buck is in and i want to pattern shot that along with some buck and I have a big bag full of slugs that are calling my name. May as well make this shitty day into a range day.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

No pictures as I went down by myself, it's only a half hour away...the weather continued to suck. It was cold, wet and misty, not really rainy just a wet mist. The 7.62x39 ran great. One FTF but that was owner error as I forgot to wind the drum. The drum ran flawlessly without a problem but I only ran 75 rounds through it. So it works properly the one time I used it. I had a great time shooting my new rifle...definitely no regrets. Went through about 150 rounds.

On the s12 I patterned some of my 0000 buck. At 25 yards I was consistently getting 3-4 good size holes in a 8 1/2" x 11" free printable target. Only disappointment with that was I had to turn the gas fixer plug to 2. Then shot some 00 buck...I need to look at those targets. That was actually when I first got out there but I also went though a big ziplock bag of slugs to I probably ran about 100 rounds through the s12 yesterday.

All in all got everything done I wanted to with the exception of shooting some bowling pins.

...The 7.62x39 ran great. One FTF but that was owner error as I forgot to wind the drum. The drum ran flawlessly without a problem but I only ran 75 rounds through it. So it works properly the one time I used it...

Well there ya go. No malfunctions of any kind with the drum, so if I were you, I'd leave it be, (don't weld on it).

All of the drums I own (Romanian & Chinese) fit snug into the 762x39 Romanian and Bulgarian AKM's I own. Would the gun in question happen to be a WASR by any chance? Since the bung hole is neutered this may be an issue.

Yakdung

All of the drums I own (Romanian & Chinese) fit snug into the 762x39 Romanian and Bulgarian AKM's I own. Would the gun in question happen to be a WASR by any chance? Since the bung hole is neutered this may be an issue.

Yakdung

It's a converted saiga and part of that conversion was to accept any ak magazine.

• 1 month later...