Opinions on this folding stock?

I'm thinking of putting this stock on my SGL21. It looks pretty sweet (hi-tech) and folds either to the left or the right, which is important to me, because I have a PK-AS scope mounted. I know that this stock is new, but I was wondering whether anyone here had any personal experience with this stock or has any opinions based on the info available. Thanks.

post-10789-12632446283899_thumb.jpg

post-10789-12632446435403_thumb.jpg

post-10789-12632446556659_thumb.jpg

By the way, this stock folds to the left only. I must have been thinking of another product when I said that it folds to either left or right. Speaking of another product, any one have this Falcon Arms stock? http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16322&cat=1&page=1

Yet another stock that I'm considering is the AKS-style, triangle one by Arsenal. None of these stocks require you to cut off the rear tang. Does any one know of any other folders like that?

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I'm thinking of putting this stock on my SGL21. It looks pretty sweet (hi-tech) and folds either to the left or the right, which is important to me, because I have a PK-AS scope mounted. I know that this stock is new, but I was wondering whether anyone here had any personal experience with this stock or has any opinions based on the info available. Thanks.

Does it cover the mag release when folded? Please show a picture of it folded. Also get a close up of that hinge mechanism, it looks like its made similar to the galil micro/tapco/caa crap that has proven to fail over and over.

Without seeing further pictures, I'd advise you to buy one of these:

ak74%20repo%20set%20fixed.jpg

from DPH arms here: http://dpharms.com/ak74triangularsidefoldingstockandhardware-p-1101.html

Than have someone install it for you. Remember don't be a chump and buy something you'll regret at a later date. :eek:

Does it cover the mag release when folded? Please show a picture of it folded. Also get a close up of that hinge mechanism, it looks like its made similar to the galil micro/tapco/caa crap that has proven to fail over and over.

from DPH arms here: http://dpharms.com/ak74triangularsidefoldingstockandhardware-p-1101.html

Than have someone install it for you. Remember don't be a chump and buy something you'll regret at a later date. :eek:

You're asking me questions as if I already owned that thing. I'm just considering getting it. As far as that DPH stock, I don't have anyone who can install it for me. The only gunsmith I know, is completely ignorant when it comes to "black guns". AK-BFS from K-Var is a similar straight drop-in part though. I am considering that one.

post-10789-12632572004795_thumb.jpg

If I were you, I'd also check out ACE stocks. They have several different models available. CSS and MAA both carry some of these, and you can check ACE's website if you'd like to easily see everything they make.

Ace stocks and that Chinese-style folder are nice, but require you to cut off the rear tang. :( I don't want take the dremel to my very nice new SGL21.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

If I were you, I'd also check out ACE stocks. They have several different models available. CSS and MAA both carry some of these, and you can check ACE's website if you'd like to easily see everything they make.

Ace stocks and that Chinese-style folder are nice, but require you to cut off the rear tang. :( I don't want take the dremel to my very nice new SGL21.

Personally, I don't like the triangle side-folder stocks that Sal suggested. They not only require that you remove the tang, but other, (more difficult), receiver modification as well.

As for ACE stocks, you can get them in both flavors, (internal and external receiver blocks). You are not forced to cut the tang; it depends on what model you buy. And, unlike the metal side-folders, the ACE folding mechanism doesn't require you to mutilate your receiver, (in case you couldn't tell, I am not a fan of the way those stocks fold).

Personally, I don't like the triangle side-folder stocks that Sal suggested. They not only require that you remove the tang, but other, (more difficult), receiver modification as well.

As for ACE stocks, you can get them in both flavors, (internal and external receiver blocks). You are not forced to cut the tang; it depends on what model you buy. And, unlike the metal side-folders, the ACE folding mechanism doesn't require you to mutilate your receiver, (in case you couldn't tell, I am not a fan of the way those stocks fold).

That Arsenal AKS-style triangle folder (see pic I posted above) has an external block and is a simple "drop-in" installation. I haven't seen any Ace folding stocks with external blocks for sale from the usual places (MAA, CSS, DPH, etc). Do you know where I can get one?

That Arsenal AKS-style triangle folder (see pic I posted above) has an external block and is a simple "drop-in" installation. I haven't seen any Ace folding stocks with external blocks for sale from the usual places (MAA, CSS, DPH, etc). Do you know where I can get one?

They're not a site biz member, so I won't link directly, but check ACE's website, (riflestocks.com). Their external folding stocks are available there.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

They're not a site biz member, so I won't link directly, but check ACE's website, (riflestocks.com). Their external folding stocks are available there.

Wow. I like a particular one that they have, but the bloody thing costs almost as much as a new Saiga rifle!

Wow. I like a particular one that they have, but the bloody thing costs almost as much as a new Saiga rifle!

I assume you're talking about the M4 SOCOM model. Those are great stocks, but if you don't want to pay that premium of a price, I might suggest the Ultra Lite model. I have one of those, (internal block), on my S-12 and I absolutely love it. I'm strongly considering putting one on my SGL21 as well.

I assume you're talking about the M4 SOCOM model. Those are great stocks, but if you don't want to pay that premium of a price, I might suggest the Ultra Lite model. I have one of those, (internal block), on my S-12 and I absolutely love it. I'm strongly considering putting one on my SGL21 as well.

Cool. I'm considering it. Do you have pics of it mounted on your S12, unfolded and folded? Thanks.

Edit: Looks like Ace also sells a universal external receiver block, which I would assume allows you to install any of their standard stocks. Cool.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

You're asking me questions as if I already owned that thing. I'm just considering getting it. As far as that DPH stock, I don't have anyone who can install it for me. The only gunsmith I know, is completely ignorant when it comes to "black guns". AK-BFS from K-Var is a similar straight drop-in part though. I am considering that one.

As I posted in many other threads, the "extendo-tang" folder is bad for a number of reasons, chief among them the fact that the triangle covers the mag release when folded. It decreases the functionality of your rifle, and looks fucking retarded to boot. But keep considering it, its your rifle, its ultimately your choice to look like a messed up clown if you want to. :haha:

• Like 1

Cool. I'm considering it. Do you have pics of it mounted on your S12, unfolded and folded? Thanks.

Edit: Looks like Ace also sells a universal external receiver block, which I would assume allows you to install any of their standard stocks. Cool.

Here ya go:

hmmmm014.th.jpg

hmmmm013.th.jpg

Edited by post-apocalyptic

As I posted in many other threads, the "extendo-tang" folder is bad for a number of reasons, chief among them the fact that the triangle covers the mag release when folded. It decreases the functionality of your rifle, and looks fucking retarded to boot. But keep considering it, its your rifle, its ultimately your choice to look like a messed up clown if you want to. :haha:

That is what I like about you BigSal, you never let a lack of experience prevent you from giving advice!

Rapid mag changes with the stock folded are all the material of Walter Mitty dreams.