410 Conversion Pitfalls

I found a 410 at a gun show for $300 and couldn't pass it up since I have plenty of 410 ammo for my Magnum Judge :)

I read the conversion process is the same as the rest of the Saigas but wanted to know if there are any pitfalls I need to be aware of.

I have a standard Tapco FCG, will it have to be modified?

I guess fitting the front end furnature can be a pain since most conversions seem to retain the original hand guard. I have a left over quad rail I might try and fit it to the gun, that ould be fun.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

I started my restoration project tonight.

I spent about 3 hours fitting a UTG Quad Rail which will replace the factory habd guard.

I had to do a lot of cutting but it looks great. I want to bead blast and paint it before I post pictures. I might want to get it re-anodized if i can find someone that can do it for a reasonable price.

Tomorrow I will order the retainer plate, pistol grip nut and magazines from CSS.

I should have the rest of the gun done and painted before they arrive so this conversion should go quick.

Edited by Boba Debt
I spent about 3 hours fitting a UTG Quad Rail which will replace the factory stock.

And here I thought you said it was going to REPLACE THE FACTORY STOCK?!?!?!?

I was thinking to myself... "Now THAT should be a pretty good trick!!! :unsure::huh:

:smoke: