new kvar stock will not fit.

has anyone else had to file? I notice its just on the top where the long hook comes out so you can screw it on.

Yes, I had to file both of the ones I got. I only had to file the sides. Of course, I also had to drill holes for the two screws.

It's a pain and took a while, but ultimately I like it better than the Tapco one that slid right in. It's more solidly connected to the receiver, and would stay in even without the two screws on top. (I filed mine only enough to barely be able to get it all the way in). I'd trust it better not to break in two after a walloping buttstroke.

Edited by Jim Digriz

one more question, what parts do I need to buy to finish placing my handguards on? could you put the link for the parts I need? I got one link but its just 1 part, I think I need 2 parts to make those handguards go on? and what about the sling how do I attach a sling to handguards :/ ? THANKS SO MUCH

yes the buttstock is almost on :) just little more filing

Edited by saigarifles

I just got my stock in, I started to screw it in, but I wanted to make sure I could remove it. I tryed to remove it and now its stuck :lolol: I am have to use a rubber mallet now.

The rubber mallet is not an effective tool to remove the stuck stock. (I know from experience). You can pop it out using a flat head screwdriver in the receiver hole closest to the stock. Just use the screwdriver as a lever. It will save a lot of frustration.

Rubber mallet works great, you just need a wrench, some paper wad it up place it on the stock so you do not ding it up. :rolleyes: ( I made a little nick in it but thats ok. ) Then it poped out.

I finnaly got the screw in place took a hour just to screw it into the stock.

Thanks so much for your help :)

Looks like $100+ for me to use those handguards.....

has anyone else had to file? I notice its just on the top where the long hook comes out so you can screw it on.

Yes, I had to file both of the ones I got. I only had to file the sides. Of course, I also had to drill holes for the two screws.

It's a pain and took a while, but ultimately I like it better than the Tapco one that slid right in. It's more solidly connected to the receiver, and would stay in even without the two screws on top. (I filed mine only enough to barely be able to get it all the way in). I'd trust it better not to break in two after a walloping buttstroke.

The tapco stock that I have tried does not seem to press against the saiga inner trunnion properly.

It fits properly in an akm receiver but the saiga is not exactly an akm receiver.

It also fit loose compared to a kvar stock in my saiga.

The rubber mallet is not an effective tool to remove the stuck stock.

Just means you're not hitting it hard enough.:rolleyes:

Perhaps so, but it pops right out with the screwdriver with almost no effort.

Hell, that's no fun at all.