Lots of BS flying around in this thread from people with 0 experience with the UTG rail. According to what was on CSS website, it is US made and counts as a US part. The fitment on mine was perfect. It will work with HK sights without raping your wallet at 2x the price like the Chaos\TAC47 HK friendly rail and they only come with a short top section. UTG comes with 2 different lengths for the top rail, both HK friendly, Chaos's new extended top rail is not HK friendly. The rail covers do not slip AT ALL, I dunno where the fuck anyone got that info from but these rail covers are extremely tight. The rail system is fairly lightweight, but I don't have a Chaos system to compare it to.

I went with the UTG because I needed an HK friendly rail could not justify the higher price of the Chaos\TAC47. I'm very happy I went that route wound up spending less than half of what I would have had I gone with Chaos\TAC47. If the finish on the UTG rail were Type III anodizing then I wouldn't have a single complaint about the UTG rail system.

Now if Cameron were to drop his prices to be competitive with the UTG rails like MD Arms is doing with their drums because Promag is marketing an S12 drum now, well, then I may have gone with the Chaos\TAC47 HK friendly rail. But I doubt it because they didn't and still don't have a long HK friendly top rail...

I own a couple UTG products for my AK and bought one for my Saiga 12.Absolute garbage.I noticed this with my first UTG purchase,and I knew it with my 2nd.My third was when I thought they had uped their quality when they started making the rails so I tried the saiga 12 rail TRASH,thanks to craigslist its gone.I also own utg air soft guns.They are toys and as a toy they are fine.

I realize people dont like it when you point out that something they own is trash ,but if you cant handle the truth then get a liberal sport.

However i would agree that all other rails are way overpriced,but that is due to lack of competition,just wait till everyone is making stuff for saigas then you will see quality and fair pricing residing together.

However i would agree that all other rails are way overpriced,but that is due to lack of competition,just wait till everyone is making stuff for saigas then you will see quality and fair pricing residing together.

Have you seen what good AR quads go for? That market is saturated... I don't think they will get any lower than this.

Have you seen what good AR quads go for? That market is saturated... I don't think they will get any lower than this.

Yes I have ,however comparing the AR crowd to the saiga crowd just isnt fair.From my experiences many ar guys would rather brag about the cost of their stuff than the quality.Saiga owners seem to pride themselves on quality.

Take the ak bunch for example ,another crowd with many mods but much more reasonable priced than ar gear.Yeah were all gun guys but we are different gun guys.And since we have gone from only having tromix to having a limited amount of choices the prices for have dropped and will continue to drop,if for no other reason that so many want the mods but refuse to be price gouged by the few vendors we have to choose from.Just wait quality products by fair vendors are coming.You gotta admit that many vendors are taking advantage of the limited amount of vendors and most of them have completely stolen ideas from tromix and made stuff that looked like tromix { only odd ball looking}items that look like they need shoot at before bein run over.Itll get better just hang in there.And lets hope UTG notices this and ups their quality.I believe they really could become a major player with better prices,just need time.They have already come along way and the price gougers will be left out.We really dont have any good looking products to chose from.Any monkey can tell that most of the stuff is of no original idea and is just tromix ripoffs.Wait till some original ideas come about.

But yeah right now UTG sucks

WOW, why is it that every UTG thread ends up like this? :rolleyes:

From what I have seen, UTG is a good option for the price. Chaos is American made(apparently so is UTG now) and looks a lot better IMO. However, I think you should also check out the Kross rails. That's what I plan on buying when I SBS my S12, not just because it is the only rail I know of that fits an 8" S12, but because they appear to be quality and American made and look the best. The only reason I have a UTG on my x39 is because of price and the fact that no one makes a Saiga specific rail for the riffles yet. However, I will continue to run my UTG rail because it serves it's purpose just fine.