I have a 20 gauge shotgun with a OUTER muzzle diameter of .945" It needs to be externally threaded for a brake... WHAT do y'all recommend???

Its a Hastings ultra slug model... kicks like a Kentucky mule...

Should it just go to a local smith and be turned and threaded for a standard brake size?? ( If I go saiga threading I can use ANY saiga brake) or should it be a standard brake thread size/pitch? Or... will this need to be a custom job???

I dont want to spend a fortune on putting a brake on it... but DAMN it NEEDS one...

:smoke:

I appreciate the suggestions so far... I guess I need to be a little more specific...

Should the muzzle be turned down to take a standard saiga 12 thread size/pitch, and then attach any aftermarket S12 brake. And, if so... Which one REDUCES RECOIL the MOST, and will THAT specific brake be effective on a 20 GAUGE!?!?!

Should the muzzle be turned down to an SAE thread/pitch and then attach any aftermarket SAE threaded brake. And, if so... Which one REDUCES RECOIL the MOST, and will THAT specific brake be effective on a 20 GAUGE!?!?!

Should the muzzle be turned down to a custom thread size/pitch and have a custom brake made for it?

Are the "Barrett" style brakes threaded in SAE? Are they available for purchase?

NO ONE???

No one here has a CLUE?? Are ya shittin' me??

Well... go figure... :(

King Armory had a video at one time showing how effective his brake/flash hider was for the s12. It looked pretty impressive. Of course, everybody said you can make a video show whatever you want with careful editing, but I always thought that they were a class act, with good products. I will buy one for my s12 when money allows.