MY new Colefire Magnum Pistol

Damn, that looks slicker 'n snot! Bet it's a truly fun shooter at the range! CONGRATS!!! . . Looks to me to be an ideal SHTF type of firearm.

:super:

rogertc1 -- If you don't mind me asking, how is the trigger pull/break on it??? Does it have a relatively long trigger pull and heavy trigger break?

BTW: What are you doing with a Custer Division class A patch? Does it have some sort of significance to the photo you posted?

~Gary

Edited by Gary

Really not a bad trigger. 1/4 " of take up and maybe 6/7 lbs pull. The ergomatic on the grip and trigger are wonderful. Hard to believe a firearm from WW2 is so comfortable to hold.

I wore the patch. I was a Tank Company Commander at a Army reserve training battalion in the early 90's. Armor up. We still had old M3 grease guns and 1911's.

Edited by rogertc1

that looks very sweet! i used to have a sterling as my personnal weapon in the late 80's in the British Army, very underrated and misunderstood - most would complain about the accuracy, as it fired from an open bolt it required the firer to do their bit!

i found them extremely accurate (for what they were designed for) out to 200, and after several thousand rounds i never had a stoppage (a lot of those were full auto as well... :D )

does the pistol fire from an open bolt as well?

It is a closed bolt semi-auto design. I can't own a full auto I where I live. i guess it is a machine gun want to be. Which is better than a dummy gun.

that looks very sweet! i used to have a sterling as my personnal weapon in the late 80's in the British Army, very underrated and misunderstood - most would complain about the accuracy, as it fired from an open bolt it required the firer to do their bit!

i found them extremely accurate (for what they were designed for) out to 200, and after several thousand rounds i never had a stoppage (a lot of those were full auto as well... :D )

does the pistol fire from an open bolt as well?

C

ATF ruled some time ago, I think in the 1980's, that open-bolt semi-autos were too easily converted to full-auto. Now we can't have open-bolt guns unless they were manufactured before that ruling or they're registered machine guns.

• 3 weeks later...