Went to the range. Seems a bullet guide will help part of the problem, so I will do that. Massaged the promag, so it's a little better. Any time it jammed, a bullet guide would've done the trick.Otherwise the bolt didn't catch the bullet at all, maybe every 5th shot, something went funky.

Oh, Promag....yup theirs your problem. Those are garbage in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my bullet guide kit today, thanks to Dinzag( I always want to call em Danzig!) Arms prompt shipping, so time to try the ol install. Hopefully I'll be shooting steady in no time at all! Wish me luck! I hope I don't spaz out.

Rob.. The bullet-guide BUMPS the ammo up that 'hair' you need to 'ride' into the chamber properly EVERY time.

Without the guide you may/will get some ftf's every so often (and more often than not).

Thats why Saiga factory mags have the lip that is 'taller' then standard AK47 mags.

Install the bullet-guide $30 from DZ (as a kit) and then just rock-n-roll bro'.. 022.gif

Not to hijack this thread, but after reading this I am wondering if the European surplus mags from AIM will work in a SGL21 without modification? Sorry, still a AK and rifles in general newb.

This makes no sense. The SGL21 comes with a standard ak mag and feeds flawlessly.

• Like 1

I tried a pro mag and a surefire, but the AK Gods have shined on me. 10 minutes ago a client came into the tattoo shop and gave me a steel AK magazine!! Fellow gun nuts hate to see an unshootable gun! I had the rifle here and we talked about it. A few hours later.. Blammo! Magazine! So tomorrow I will go shoot before work. By visual inspection, the follower in the steel mag seems a smidge(that's a technical term) higher up, so that may help the fail to feed.

Well, Okie Dokie then! The steel mag worked like a charm. 100 rounds fired, Zero jams, or fail to feeds! I did have to do a tiny bit of filing on the mag. to get it to release easier, but I am a happy man now!! Thank you all for your guidance. The bullet guide was easy to install. Now my rifle works how it should! Steel mags here I come.

Well, Okie Dokie then! The steel mag worked like a charm. 100 rounds fired, Zero jams, or fail to feeds! I did have to do a tiny bit of filing on the mag. to get it to release easier, but I am a happy man now!! Thank you all for your guidance. The bullet guide was easy to install. Now my rifle works how it should! Steel mags here I come.

Cool man, good to hear. I would recommend filing the mag latch over the mags though, then all AK mags should fit. Just take it slow and do little by little until it fits good.