I'm thinking of changing from the saiga skeleton stock to the tapco t6 stock. I have the quick detach side mount on my rifle and a red/green dot scope. I wanted to see if anyone else had this setup and how well it does as far as eye to scope alignment. I would like to stick with the saiga skeleton stock because it works great with the cheekrest it has for using the scope but the more I look into whether or not it is considered a pistol grip to the atf and if it counts as 1 buttstock part or a pistol grip and a buttstock making it 2 parts the more confused I get. I seem to get different info on this every where I turn. I'm ready to buy an american made stock and just be done with it.

Basically it's just going to open a whole can of 922r worms changing stocks. Just convert your rifle for real, better rifle in the end, and it barely costs more than the T6. A USA made buttstock/PG and internals and and no more worrying about where your handguard/mags came from. If you like the thumbhole there are many thumbhole stocks for AK's.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

Basically it's just going to open a whole can of 922r worms changing stocks. Just convert your rifle for real, better rifle in the end, and it barely costs more than the T6. A USA made buttstock/PG and internals and and no more worrying about where your handguard/mags came from. If you like the thumbhole there are many thumbhole stocks for AK's.

I currently have the US made surefire forend and I'm using surefire 30rnd mags. Some say the skeleton stock counts as 1 part and with the forend and mags I have I'm compliant. Then I 've also been told the skeleton stock counts as 2 parts putting me 1 part over the 10 part limit. Both sides have said their info comes from atf letters. I have thought about the conversion so I would'nt have to buy 40.00 dollar mags. If I went with the T6 stock would'nt I still be compliant.

If you are talking about simply adding a t-6 stock, you would be in compliance with 922® if you no longer have a factory pg and buttstock..if you kept a pg you would need a us made one..but as others have said do the fcg move and convert it then add all the aftermarket goodies you want...keep most of them usa and you will be golden. Plus help the American economy. :dollar:

If you are talking about simply adding a t-6 stock, you would be in compliance with 922® if you no longer have a factory pg and buttstock..if you kept a pg you would need a us made one..but as others have said do the fcg move and convert it then add all the aftermarket goodies you want...keep most of them usa and you will be golden. Plus help the American economy. :dollar:

I am considering doing the conversion. I just really like the Saiga skeleton stock for me it's a perfect fit.Do you know if it is classified as 1 foreign part or 2?