.308 buttstocks

Hi folks i am new to this forum and have my first question of many, I just picked up my brand spanking new saiga .308 and am a little gutted by the plastic butt stock

that feels like it came off a kids toy,I cant fit pistol grip or dragunov style stocks with the licence i hold

here in new zealand,does anyone know if i can get something a little more solid,Cheers

You could always make your own. Once you get the front end done of the butt stock (where all the screws go) the rest is easy. You can carve out the front part with some chisles and do all your shaping for the rest of the stock with a drum sander on a drill press. Just copy the design of the factory one. You could also make it feel more sturdy by filling it with structural foam. The stuff works great on car chassis' really kills the flex.

good luck

Birch, maple, walnut, ash...ect try not to get a wood that is real grainy like some oaks. What kind of woods do you have locally? You could always follow this trend http://www.gunpundit.com/1097.php :wub:

Best thing about making your own stock is that you make it not only to fit the gun, you make it to fit you.

Edited by Coal_forge

im still trying to find a good stock i like for mine. i have the long barrel and i made the mistake of getting the tapco warsaw length with the eye relief of the scope and long barrel it is a pain to shoot. i have since put the old stock back on but looking for a low cost replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

Birch, maple, walnut, ash...ect try not to get a wood that is real grainy like some oaks. What kind of woods do you have locally? You could always follow this trend http://www.gunpundit.com/1097.php :wub:

Best thing about making your own stock is that you make it not only to fit the gun, you make it to fit you.

hey dude i really appreciate all your help ,ill keep ya posted with my progress