Friends,

Tonight, at approx 4am i am going to witness our most complex machine humanity ever built go launch off into space. There will be a couple launches after, but this is the last of its kind....

This is my proudest moment as an American.

We did it.This is the final night launch of the most complex machine Human kind has ever built.

What an honor that I could see this happen in my lifetime.....I am waiting up all night to see our last night "crew" off on its way.....yes i can see the launch from the other side of the state.....

...I dont care where I am, im not missing this one for the world......seee you noobs at 5am!!!

HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!!!

• Like 2

Friends,

Tonight, at approx 4am i am going to witness our most complex machine humanity ever built go launch off into space.

They are going to launch my VCR into space? Thank God! Seriously, I remember the very first shuttle launch and as I was watching it lift off I thought one of these days that big bomb is going to blow up. Six years later it did.

owe, the noob,

I pray that our species finds it way, in the path of all things, Lord.

HIP HIP HOORAH!!!!

the most complex machine mankind ever built is about to "go off"

Sorry BVamp, but I think when that shuttle lifts off you are going to be sleeping off the Jim Beam :lolol:

Edited by DogMan

I am struggling to stay awake tonight, and see the liftoff from the other side of Florida (yes I can see it from here, 300 milees away).

Im sorry, I really want to see the most complex machine Humans ever built go lift off into space....sorry.....

I watched the Night Launch live on BBC here in Manila after I woke up this afternoon. Let's not forget those brave men and women who tragically perished in the Columbia and Challenger disasters. A prayer for their souls and a heartfelt hope that Science and History will not forget them.

cool stuff.

Oh, I chucked a couple useless posts I made in my half asleep sobriety :)

I saw the challenger explode on live TV in elementary school, school was dismissed early that day because of it, most of the parents came to pick us all up.

The columbia, I was out west at the time, and ran outside to just catch it going over the horizon in pieces.

cool stuff.

Oh, I chucked a couple useless posts I made in my half asleep sobriety :)

I saw the challenger explode on live TV in elementary school, school was dismissed early that day because of it, most of the parents came to pick us all up.

The columbia, I was out west at the time, and ran outside to just catch it going over the horizon in pieces.

I was in 8th Grade in the infirmary of my boarding school in MA in bed with a bad fever when I saw the Challenger tragedy. I have never forgotten it. It always saddens me when I think about it.