Tennessee Gun Imports (TGI) AK rifles

I was at the gun store yesterday and they got in some TGI AMD-65 rifles with the FEG Hungry receivers. The fit and finish on these guns were outstanding. Upon field stripping the rifle the inner workings were top notch as well. My question is does any one have any experience with the TGI AMD-65 or and of TGI's other AK rifles?

I was looking at some TGI 74's at the gun store the other day, I'm pretty sure they were what TGI was calling their 'truck gun.' Anyhow, for a purported beater rifle, they looked really nice. The wood was really nice, the rivets looked clean, and the overall finish was more than acceptable.

I was looking at some TGI 74's at the gun store the other day, I'm pretty sure they were what TGI was calling their 'truck gun.' Anyhow, for a purported beater rifle, they looked really nice. The wood was really nice, the rivets looked clean, and the overall finish was more than acceptable.

AK Forum members get $100 off the trunk gun ($399 instead of $499). Its worth it.

• Like 1

AK Forum members get $100 off the trunk gun ($399 instead of $499). Its worth it.

Cool. I think it was $450 at the gun shop.

The other day when ready to order a new rifle, came across these on J&G. Love at first sght on the AMD-63. With a 75 drum that is the TSMG chopper of AKs. Beautiful Ironwood. Same with their Bulgarian 74 and the ironwood, that wood beats the hell out of poly of any color, just great looking. Decided to go with a S-308 and the PITA conversion over these or some kind of certified ok Cetme/Entreprise Imbel 16"/DPMS 762 Sportical cause it's IMO the best bet to get a .308 carbine to spend the rest of my days with.

But sure hope I can afford one or both of those TGIs before my refund $ runs out. High for what I'm used to for an AK but with what WASRs go for now, actually these are bargains if come as they appear in photos.

Apparently TGI has just gotten out of the building business and is now just doing imports. All of the custom and assembly work is now going to be done by Waffen Werks in Knoxville. FPK Truck Gun is history once existing stock is sold. FPK-AK is looking better than ever. I expect the 74 truck gun is gone now as well. New announcement posts & info on the akforum under vendors section.

I own one of their 74 variants and have been very happy with it to date. It shoots as well as my 5.45 Saiga and has been just as reliable. The fit and finish are very nice. I would not hesitate to purchase another gun built by this company.