AGP / Surefire Mags

I'm a (relatively) new Saiga 12 owner and am looking to stock up. I've heard scary things about Pro Mags and Wraithfakers. I've heard generally positive things about AGP Gen 2 and Surefire mags. I have some AGPs and an MD20, but no Surefires yet. I'd be interested in an AGP / Surefire (8 and 10) comparison. Whaddaya guys think?

Experiences

Design

Materials

Function

etc etc.

:smoke:

I have both, and think AGP's are a bit better. While my AGP's required a bit more "fitting" for my guns, they have metal feed lips like the OEM russian mags. This should prevent snapping and premature wear.

AGP is running a special now...$25 per mag, assemble it yourself. I picked up a few more, and took them out last week. All worked with no problems.

Personally, I wouldn't spend too much on mags at this point. There are several new products that will be hitting the market shortly, and the competition is driving prices down. The MD-20 drum is down to $100 from $260 last month. Chaos is going to have double stack mags (and anyone familiar with Chaos quality on their other items knows this should be a hit). Pro mag has a 12 and 20 round drum, and while the quality remains to be seen, the 12-rounder appears to be a a nice, compact unit.

Give it a few weeks, and see what's out there and the reviews on this site before dropping any $$$.

I have both, and think AGP's are a bit better. While my AGP's required a bit more "fitting" for my guns, they have metal feed lips like the OEM russian mags. This should prevent snapping and premature wear.

AGP is running a special now...$25 per mag, assemble it yourself. I picked up a few more, and took them out last week. All worked with no problems.

Personally, I wouldn't spend too much on mags at this point. There are several new products that will be hitting the market shortly, and the competition is driving prices down. The MD-20 drum is down to $100 from $260 last month. Chaos is going to have double stack mags (and anyone familiar with Chaos quality on their other items knows this should be a hit). Pro mag has a 12 and 20 round drum, and while the quality remains to be seen, the 12-rounder appears to be a a nice, compact unit.

Give it a few weeks, and see what's out there and the reviews on this site before dropping any $$$.

The MD-20 is $100 on the prebuy but will be $120 normally now. MD arms is coming out with the double stack mags, Chaos is coming out with steel (8 round I think) and 10 round drum mags.

I agree with everything that billy is saying lots of new things happening. Buy one of what ever you think you would want. I started with a AGP because that was what there was then and I haven't had any problems with them (Gen 2s). But now the professional 3 gun guys think the surefire is the ticket, even when they can only load 10 rounds. The AGP's and surefire both now have ways that you can cut them down to different capacities.

So I would suggest to buy either of your choices but only a couple of them for now. I have high hopes for MD Arm's double stack mag, if it is as good of a product as his drum, it will be great. But I'm looking for as much capacity as I can get. :killer:

Thanks for the replies, guys. Really helpful. Any ballpark on when the new products might be hitting the market?

Racer- did you type something? I think it might be a problem with your avatar... :eyes_droped:

Soon :lolol::haha:

That's what I've been going though for the whole time I've been here (3 years soon). Sucks don't it? They're coming, it just takes time. We are on the fore front of accessories for this firearm. The general public is just becoming aware of the capabilities of these platform. I saw a picture of one during the assault ban and fell in love. It just took this long to find this place and realize again what these could be.

Nice isn't they?

Edited by Racer 27

Assemble it yourself?

I bought mine complete for that price!

You got a good deal.

Actually, I split an order with a friend and ordered 10 at $20 each (AGP gives a price break on orders of 5 and over). I put them all together in about an hour...really wasn't too hard. The worst part was fitting each one to the gun, and adjusting the individual screws to ensure smooth shell feeding (but I had to do all that with the assembled ones as well).