Are 20rd drums legal in VA?

Why not go with a fixed stock of appropriate length. Except for transporting you will probably have the collapsible stock at a fixed length anyway or call a firearms attorney in your state and see if he will talk with you for 5 minutes.

When I read "any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun", I am under the impression that your collapsible stock attached to a semi-automatic shotgun makes this rule not apply. You and I may call folding from side to side and collapsible from front to rear but the law may not make such a distinction especially if you are in their cross hairs.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

the key word there is "like kind": or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun of like kind.

the SS drum is a rotating drum, the drum revolves and the shell is fired like a giant revolver. the S12 drum the shells are fed up from the drum. they are not "like kind"

that law was written in 93, http://leg1.state.va.us/000/cod/18.2-308.8.HTM

before the SS were classified as DD in 94. since they are now DD, it is legal in Va. to own a DD.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, possess or transfer the following firearms: the Striker 12, commonly called a "streetsweeper," or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun

sounds like to me if you put a folder stock + a drum then its wrong, but a FIXXED STOCK with a drum I think its ok?? correct me if I am wrong

Edited by saigarifles

The wording says nothing about adjustable stock which in essence is what a collapsible stock does. It adjusts length of pull. The stock does shorten the weapon but not to the extent the folding stock does. the base tube of the collapsible stock is fixed it is the cheek weld that adjusts. I don't that that is a gray area at all. I don't see an issue.