INTERNAL RECEIVER BLOCK- SAIGA STOCK ADAPTER

CSS shows two different internal receiver block stock adapters with the same description and same price.

One has screws on the sides and the other doesn't.

Does anyone know the pro's and con's of one over the other?

I'm leaning toward the one with the side screws.

It looks more secure. (I assume these align with the removed linkage pins?)

I'd hate to buy the wrong one. Thanks.

post-23328-12676242495842_thumb.jpg

post-23328-12676242843318_thumb.jpg

I used the one with the side screws. I believe it requires more work (removing metal from the rear and fitting).

I also had cut/trim it to fit around the trigger and some other internals, your situation may vary.

All in all I am very happy with it, they both limit your choice of stocks to those that bolt on with 2 screws, and does not allow the use of any optic mounts/rails that attach to the rear tang/stock.

I used the one with the side screws. I believe it requires more work (removing metal from the rear and fitting).

I also had cut/trim it to fit around the trigger and some other internals, your situation may vary.

All in all I am very happy with it, they both limit your choice of stocks to those that bolt on with 2 screws, and does not allow the use of any optic mounts/rails that attach to the rear tang/stock.

I think the newer verson of "screw-in" receiver blocks have been modified to accomodate coverted internals. I just installed one from CSS, and it fit perfectly. Cutting the tang off the receiver was MUCH tougher than I thought it would be (very hard metal), but once you get the area flush you should have no problems.