Who has the SGM TACTICAL Quad Hand Guard ?

Doesn't really appeal to me, looks kinda ugly, imo! but never seen it on a rifle so what do I know. On my 223 I went with the ultimak and tri rail before this came out and I am extremely happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a person or two with the tri-rail version, without the upper part there.

I'm guessing the main reason is, the only thing you're going to mount there is a scope. And plastic isn't ideal for that. Actually, I think mounting a scope way forward just looks weird. Plastic is probably fine for mounting a flashlight, but you'd mount it underneath.

Actually, come to think of it...all the AK rail systems I've seen where there's a rail up top look weird, due to the hump that bulges out on top of the gun. I like the streamlined look, not the hunchback of Notre Dame look. Some of the S12 shotgun rail systems don't have that hump though.

edit: I believe these are both SGM/Surefire rails:

10pbocx.jpg

11qtv11.jpg

Edited by BaronVonBigmeat
  • 6 months later...

ya i have the sgm tri rail very happy with it have my utg 150 lumens light laser combo on it with utg swat lo profile bipod very little play satisfied would reccomend, most people who say bad probably dont evan have, dont have the top rail think im going with the dph low profile side rail and possibly aimshot hg-m2

i have the tri rail also and have seen the upper but I don't have need of one for my 20" 223. I think it could be a good mount for a red dot though. The tri rail is a very solid piece. It has no wobble or flex with a grip pod mounted on it. I would also like to see one installed with a red dot.