Converting x39 question

Does the bho still go back in? Or is there any modding to be done? I have a tromix fcg and so far ive just drilled out the 2 pins and took the guts out, gonna take tye plate off later.

I put mine back in and it works fine.

While you are working on the guts, good time to trim the BHO exterior lever to shorten it. When the PG is mounted, the original length BHO lever sticks down a bit in the way of the trigger. When engaged, holding the bolt open, scribe the lever at the base of the receiver, cut it off and smooth the cut-off end. It will work just fine, and not interfere.

I need to reword.

Technically, that is only 7 parts out of the total. Because the pistol grip you are using is US made and would not count against you anyway.

Either way, you would be in compliance and still good to go with foreign mags.

There is a thread somewhere about doing just that - using a (I thought I read a $15 part) to cut and re-shape to do the same job as the Dinzag retainer. I have not done that, just pointing out information fairly recently posted.

wait a sec, that one at carolina is a bolt on? for 30 bucks? im aware i need a new gas tube as well, if that really is bolt on and i dont have to remove the gas block to get it on its worth it to buy a few of them, that is 50 dollars cheaper then the other place.

Edited by eric1785

eric - prowl around a bit in the older threads. Look for "I made a lower handguard retainer -or rather I modified one" by photoshooter on 20 Feb 2010. On post #3 in that thread is a link to an older post (converting further) about just what you were asking about. Looks pretty easy, and a minor investment (under $20?).

Just ordered it from css along with a gas tube and a few odds and ends, went shooting last night, fired about 60 rounds outa her, about he 5th round in it went click, and i was thinking o here we go! But it was just a bad primer im guessing cause it hit it hard and good, i was shooting that yugo surplus from classic arms. The trigger pull is amazing, that alone is worth the conversion! Thanks for the help guys