slip on recoil pad easy to slip off?

This past weekend at a local show i picked up a 1 inch thick slip-on recoil pad that fits normal a.k. stocks.

It the kind that came with a small velcro strap. I thought to myself this will tame thoes slugs and made the purchase!

i get home and am pretty happy! its a good fit, feels great, looks ok and adds a little length to the stock wich i like. problem is while it stays on "pretty good" id like to make it a little more permanet with out messin up my stock.

i dont want to glue it on, so im looking for some ideas... i figure someone on hear must have used one of these things and thought same thing... ohh and by the way i cant figure what to use the velcro strap for. Im thinkin it mite be for use on a skeleton stock. Any ideas or oppinios are welcome thanks guys!!!

ohh and by the way yes i know i am wuss for wanting a recoil pad!!! no need to remind me!!! lol

This past weekend at a local show i picked up a 1 inch thick slip-on recoil pad that fits normal a.k. stocks.

It the kind that came with a small velcro strap. I thought to myself this will tame thoes slugs and made the purchase!

i get home and am pretty happy! its a good fit, feels great, looks ok and adds a little length to the stock wich i like. problem is while it stays on "pretty good" id like to make it a little more permanet with out messin up my stock.

i dont want to glue it on, so im looking for some ideas... i figure someone on hear must have used one of these things and thought same thing... ohh and by the way i cant figure what to use the velcro strap for. Im thinkin it mite be for use on a skeleton stock. Any ideas or oppinios are welcome thanks guys!!!

ohh and by the way yes i know i am wuss for wanting a recoil pad!!! no need to remind me!!! lol

Mine holds tight to an AKM buttstock. I wouldn't want it any harder to remove.

As for the strap, This is what it's for.

cheekpad_black.gifak_folding_buttstock.gif

Mine holds tight to an AKM buttstock. I wouldn't want it any harder to remove.

As for the strap, This is what it's for.

cheekpad_black.gifak_folding_buttstock.gif

thats it!!! like i said it on there pretty good just wish it was a tad better...

I have the same one on my S12, I am using it with an AKM stock as well. It fits OK but I would like it to be a little bit tighter as it has fallen off a couple of times while hiking through the woods. It is kind of a pain in the ass to go back and pick up and put it back on while carrying another rifle, 30lbs of ammo, a backpack and targets. I have though about putting something on there to make it stick better but I use the tool compartment so that would take that feature away for me.

wow guys!!! all very good ideas!!! losing the tool comparment is the reason i only wanted it to be semi-permanent as well...

i kinda got this idea floating around in my head about drilling out two holes in the recoil pad and backing out the screws in the buttplate a little to pop into the holes but not sure if it would even help...

i guess im of to lowes this weekend... thanks again !!! keep thoes ideas coming if ya got them...