Which Red Dot?

I'm torn between getting a PK-A or a BP-02 + Vortex Strikefire. Both would be around $200 shipped. The PK-A is more genuine in terms of optics but the Vortex has a lifetime warranty and is probably the more advanced.

There is also the PK-23 but barely anyone has stuff written about it.

I'm torn between getting a PK-A or a BP-02 + Vortex Strikefire. Both would be around $200 shipped. The PK-A is more genuine in terms of optics but the Vortex has a lifetime warranty and is probably the more advanced.

Between both of those crappy choices I would go with the PK-A.

However if your going low end why not spend less on the Primary Arms Micro-Dot and ultimak rail combination for $153?

However if your going low end why not spend less on the Primary Arms Micro-Dot and ultimak rail combination for $153?

You call the PK-A a crappy choice and then recommend something crappier? PK-A will at least be rugged and durable through all kinds of weather conditions; the Primary Arms sight is not similarly proven.

Now, the PK-A would not be my choice. If you want a heavy optic that mounts to the side rail and allows immediate recourse to iron sights, why not spend a bit more and get better features with the PK-AS. On the Ultimak, the Aimpoint Micro is expensive, but worth it.

You call the PK-A a crappy choice and then recommend something crappier? PK-A will at least be rugged and durable through all kinds of weather conditions; the Primary Arms sight is not similarly proven.

Now, the PK-A would not be my choice. If you want a heavy optic that mounts to the side rail and allows immediate recourse to iron sights, why not spend a bit more and get better features with the PK-AS. On the Ultimak, the Aimpoint Micro is expensive, but worth it.

If your going to go sub optimal, you might as well get the primary arms unit. Like I said, between the two craptastic choice the OP posted, I would go with the PK-A, but why waste the extra $70 when your gonna eventually want to upgrade anyway?

I sold my aimpoint to finance my 103 project a few months ago, and currently run the Primary arms unit myself, its vary solid for its price point. I also run a PK-AS which is sort of a mid range option the OP might want to explore, but they usually run $350+, so that might be out of his price range.

Anyway in the low end segment, the $79 PA red dot is the shit (another 70 for the ultimak rail when purchased along side it). Its a good step before you can afford the H1/T1.

Sorry there, we can't all afford EoTechs and Aimpoints.

Sorry there, we can't all afford EoTechs and Aimpoints.

What the fuck are you talking about, I was supporting the purchace of the $79 Primary Arms Micro Dot with the 70$ ultimak rail? Please feel free to re-read my statement.

I also run a PK-AS which is sort of a mid range option the OP might want to explore, but they usually run $350+, so that might be out of his price range.

Eastwave Products is selling them for $288.

Nice, so maybe the PK-AS-V is the solution the OPs been looking for.

What the fuck are you talking about, I was supporting the purchace of the $79 Primary Arms Micro Dot with the 70$ ultimak rail? Please feel free to re-read my statement.

No need to be hostile. You stated "between those crappy choices". I was referring to that statement for you gave no reasoning of why my 2 choices are crappy even though they are both around the same price range. Thus, if my choices were crappy, what exactly is a decent choice in your book? I bet those are more expensive and out of my price range.

Also, Eastwave is out of the PK-ASs...I already emailed them.

No need to be hostile. You stated "between those crappy choices". I was referring to that statement for you gave no reasoning of why my 2 choices are crappy even though they are both around the same price range. Thus, if my choices were crappy, what exactly is a decent choice in your book? I bet those are more expensive and out of my price range.

My hostility knows no bounds! I am literally angry with rage! :haha:

Look G-Money, everyone has been in your shoes, first we all started out with some half assed optic, and eventually we want better and better until we max out on the best of the best. No offense, but this same topic is repeated weekly, in different sections and the answers are always the same. I think we have one of these threads active in the "general" section and the "other ak rifles" sections as we speak.

But thats not the point Homey, the point is if your going low end get the PA red dot and ultimak. Your gonna buy the aimpoint eventually, so why not have the mount all nice and ready for its arrival?

My hostility knows no bounds! I am literally angry with rage! :haha:

Look G-Money, everyone has been in your shoes, first we all started out with some half assed optic, and eventually we want better and better until we max out on the best of the best. No offense, but this same topic is repeated weekly, in different sections and the answers are always the same. I think we have one of these threads active in the "general" section and the "other ak rifles" sections as we speak.

But thats not the point Homey, the point is if your going low end get the PA red dot and ultimak. Your gonna buy the aimpoint eventually, so why not have the mount all nice and ready for its arrival?

Good point, I'm sure if I got back a huge tax return I wouldn't be fishing down in the $100 pond. I appreciate the clarification.

Did they give any hint on when they might be back in stock? I got one from them a month ago, and was considering getting another at some point before too long.

I didn't inquire, but he didn't give me any indication that it would be soon.

I went with a Bushnell TRS-25, it's an Aimpoint clone that goes for $125

Stands up well to tons of heat and well over 1,000 rounds now and still zeroed. Might wanna look into it.

And I don't think bigsal is being a jerk. No offense Mide, cause I know the search engine sucks and it isn't your fault. And I know that a forum isn't a forum if everyone just searched the big old archive. But it must be every week, sometimes as much as every 2-3 days, that we get:

1. How do I install bullet guide

2. Which Red Dot

3. How do I repaint bottom of the receiver

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

I went with a Bushnell TRS-25, it's an Aimpoint clone that goes for $125

Stands up well to tons of heat and well over 1,000 rounds now and still zeroed. Might wanna look into it.

And I don't think bigsal is being a jerk. No offense Mide, cause I know the search engine sucks and it isn't your fault. And I know that a forum isn't a forum if everyone just searched the big old archive. But it must be every week, sometimes as much as every 2-3 days, that we get:

1. How do I install bullet guide

2. Which Red Dot

3. How do I repaint bottom of the receiver

I'll look up the Bushnell Klassy, thanks.

Yes the search engine is pretty much unusable but I have already read all of the repetitive threads regarding red dots. Most of those postings have been requests for general suggestions. I think I should've specified that I was looking for feedback concerning those 3 particular models since I read that random people here and there own or have used them.

• 4 weeks later...