Superhawk speaks the truth.

One other thing though.............when we finally do get the map packs, we'll also have a "Double XP weekend". That's the time to get some playing time in, if you want to rank up fast. Just like it says, every XP you get is doubled. That's 200XP per kill in TDM's and FFA! :D

There was an update today? Guess i better go download it just got down with my school work now its daddy time for me and my son but I want to play tonight gotta kill some people to drop some stress from these online classes lol.

I think I'll prestige again then quickly rank back up again during the double XP

time.

I'm pissed at this new system update 3.21. Have to can the Linux I have running on my PS3.

I'll probably already have my 1st Prestige level 70 maxed out (on my other account) by the time we get the double-XP (I'm at level 65, first Prestige).............so maybe I should get around to Prestiging my D26NY account during that time. :lol:

Do you know if you have to have the map pack DL'ed to get the double-XP, or is it for everyone?

(I hate any system update. I'm on DSL, so it takes forever. I flicked the PS3 on the other day, and got pissed that I had to DL it :lolol: )

Edited by -Shooter-

It took me 4 1/2 hours to uninstall Linux Yellowdog and repartition and reformat my PS3s hard drive before it would let

me download the stupid update. I aslo have to redownload my map packs for COD 4 and WAW and some movies I had

on there. Pain in the ass all

because they don't want to support the "other OS" feature that was included with the fat PS3s

It took me 4 1/2 hours to uninstall Linux Yellowdog and repartition and reformat my PS3s hard drive before it would let

me download the stupid update. I aslo have to redownload my map packs for COD 4 and WAW and some movies I had

on there. Pain in the ass all

because they don't want to support the "other OS" feature that was included with the fat PS3s

Do you have to pay again for the COD4 map pack to get it back?

I heard on the XBOX MW2 map pack, it included an option to only play those new maps in the game-mode-selection menu. To avoid waiting and hoping to end up in a lobby with a new map. I hope they have that in the PS3 version too. I didn't play COD4 much after I got the map pack for it, but I think I only ended up playing 1 or 2 matches in the new maps. They rarely came up in rotation.

I don't have to pay again since it's a saved purchase on my PSN account through the PS Store just the inconvience of waiting for the download to complete. Last night a few of my friends wanted to play some Nazi Zombies on WAW before they go

out of town for sprlng break early this morning. We played some BC2 first then switched over to Waw and started the download of map pack 3 to play Der Riese but starting the download at 10:00 pm and it saying it would be 96 minutes to download. I said screw it I can't stay up all night.

Way to go SONY THUMBS DOWN THIS TIME!!!

Is it just me or is there a real glitch with the grenade launcher? I hit a guy that was running at me right dead COM it just bounced off and the crosshairs were red, I then emptied the remains of the mag on the ACR COM then 3 rounds from the AA-12 and he still knifed me. i can't tell you how many grenades have not detonated but it's a substantial amount. I finally have 7 days total playing time and can prestige if I wanted but what real value does it hold to do so? Superhawk we still have to get in on a lobby together some time. I'm sorry I couldn't get in one the other night but my son and his friend and I were playing MP and they just kept wanting to play game after game.

I, too, am frustrated with grenades that do not detonate. I have hit several guys dead on, or very close, only to have the grenade fail to go off and then they shoot me while I'm reloading or switching to rifle rounds. Also, the knifing issue is out of control. I have shot dozens of guys at very close range, only to have them knife me! Or, I shoot someone at close range, and they shoot at me, and I die. I watch the Kill Camera and it shows the guy shooting me way before I fired on them, when from my perspective, I shot first!!! Very frustrating.

WJ

The whole teleporting through oncoming fire with commando pro and the knife wins 99% of the time is crap. I hate playing the game lately because of the overuse of noob tubes. I can't take two steps without getting tubed. If I try to use one against them they run through the explosion or I also get a direct impact hit but they commando pro there way to knife me. I'll start playing MW2 a little more, I had to take a break from it and try to max out on BC2. We still need to post here on the forum the best times everyone is on then lobby up and get those SOBs.

I'm on usually from 6:00pm to sometimes 2-3 am. Since I broke my spine 2 years ago the company I worked at for 25 years decided while I was off work healing that I could not go back to work ever so they put me on their long term disability. So i'm free to play most times throughout the day. I was just 5 years away from retirement with full benefits also. Yeah there was someone the other day that was just shooting grenades, the Kill cam showed them not really even aiming just hitting close but I got waxed by them a few times til I switched to my Marathon Pro, Commando pro, lightweight pro class with the UMP45 and 44mag with Tactical knife then I just out ran him and shot him from a distance or ran up on him and knifed him. Let's try to get a forum lobby going sometime like Superhawk mentioned.

I'm usually on sometime throughout the day usually between 5:00pm to 11:00pm EST During the weekdays and Friday/Saturday night usually pretty late.

I saw a few of you on last night but I was in squad deathmatch on BC2 with AK_NUT and a couple others from the Akforum.

When I got tired of being killed in ridiculous ways, and being knifed 500 more times than I was being shot.............I made the switch to Hardcore TDM. It's all I play now, and personally, I think it's eleventy billion times better than "core" where it take 428 rounds to drop someone and 80% of kills come from knifing or tubing..

In those situations where someone's running at you, and you start dumping rounds, only to have them teleport through the gunfire and shank you..............you won't see it in Hardcore at all. Because it takes 1-2 shots to drop someone in Hardcore (the description says "Increased bullet damage", but it seems more like "decreased health" in general, because you can 1-hit kill someone just by direct-hitting them with a flashbang or stun grenade). Pretty much the only time you get knifed, or are able to knife someone else, is if you happen to sneak up on them and they don't see you. Otherwise, it's most likely not going to happen.

I hated sniping on "core". But on Hardcore, I LOVE sniping. Every sniper rifle is a 1-shot kill. There's also no Kill-Cam on HC. So when you start dropping people from your favorite sniping spot, they don't know where you are (well, most people who play a lot know all of the spots anyway, but still....). The only time you have a mini-map is when you have a UAV up. There's no other displays on the screen during HC play either. it was weird to jump back into a regular TDM after playing so much HC, and seeing all of that stuff all over the screen.

The only real downside is that HC games are a lot slower. People are more cautious, which means that a lot of games will reach the 10 minute limit, before it reaches the 7500 point limit. That's not to say that many games don't end due to point limit reached, but it's not like "core", where I've yet to see one single game reach the 10 minute time limit. It also sucks when you get some douche bag on your team who team-kills for whatever reasons, because "Friendly-Fire" is turned on for HC.

There's also a spawn-delay. Once you die, you'll spectate a team mate, for no more than 15 seconds (usually less) until you respawn. Since you can move the "camera" around as you watch, you can literally watch their back and let them know of someone's creeping up on them, if you have a mic. (Speaking of the "camera"........when you die and fall dead, the "camera" seems to always be positioned to catch who killed you in the background, or at least in that general direction)

Also, the riot shield is a 1-hit kill in HC :lolol: . It makes getting those challenges done pretty easy. I rocked the shield on Favela to get some of it's challenges done. It was entertaining.

If you haven't tried HC, give it a try. It takes a few games to get used to it (the screen is literally blank, no displays at all), but everyone I know prefers it after playing it for awhile.

EDIT: Speaking of what times we play...........I work 3rd shift, so I miss "primetime" that most people are on. I've caught SuperHawk on a bunch of times when he was on late, and I had the night off (but he's usually playing FFA......and I hate FFA :lolol: ). Otherwise, I'm usually playing with people I work with, friends that are up late on my nights off, or the Arfcom crew. I'd still love to get a S12 forum lobby going one of these nights, though.

Edited by -Shooter-

I will try HC tonight. I play under the name "Auggie61" but I do not play with a mike, and I am challenged with the PS3 message system. So, I always appreciate being noted or contacted while playing, but I suck at responding --- I need to get a head set or learn how to use the message system. On a different note, I have finally progressed enough that I am actually winning some matches. That is a nice change of pace. I guess I am good enough now that when I kill people, it pisses them off. Some guy last night was chanting my screen name every time I killed him --- I found that to be pretty funny. I know it is rather common, but it was the first time I felt someone was threatened enough by me to even take notice that I am in the game. I was reading some posts about how to play the game and discovered that I was taking a somewhat backwards approach to playing. I was using Ninja mode, and trying to play in a sneaking and stealthy mode. But, being faster, and being able to use marathon, made a big difference. I am not good at sniping, so running around like crazy, shooting people with an Uzi at close range, has been much more productive and fun for me. WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

Wj if you don't mind I'll add you to my friend list also. The PS3 messaging system is quite easy actually. It just takes some time to figure it out. If you want to invite you just click "X" on the invite icon and then a box appears for messaging. You then can type in a subject then press the down arrow on the directional pad to create your message. Once that is done you hit the start or enter button to enter the message then hit it again to take you to the message send screen. Then you hit the down arrow button on the directional pad again to highlight send then hit the "X" button to send. The mini uzi works ok but is not good for long shots the UMP45 with rapid fire is good up close and still fairly good at long shots also. We use the mini uzi with AKIMBO on maps like the scrapyard on FFA and have gotten the 30 kills to win the match several times. My son also uses my account. He likes FFA mostly as he doesn't do so well on TDM. Yesterday he said I want to play and I said don't screw up my kill death ratio anymore, well he got killed 11 times in a row with no kills himself and handed me the controller and I ended up with 20 kills and 8 deaths of my own. He's good at FFA but can't handle having multiple enemies shooting at him in the TDM games.I should probably give him his own account so he quits screwing up my kill death ratio. I get killed quite a bit on my own though actually as I tend to usually not follow the pack and like to get in behind the other team alot. I actually wiped out 5 guys yesterday in the Terminal map all in a row got in behind them and knifed 2 of them and shot the other 3 then one respawned right behind me and got me. I still have not been able to get over 26 kills in a single TDM though I just don't see how some guys can rack up 40-50 kills in a single game. I played against some guy the other night that had 52 kills and 1 death which I gave him. All he did was run the whole map knifing people. I just happened to respawn right off to the side of him when he was knifing some other guy so I emptied the the whole mag into him then knifed him a couple times and emptied another mag into his dead body, I was hoping he would see it in the kill cam LOL.

Sure, feel free to add me and I'll add you back. I will practice on the messaging system.

I am glad to know that I am not the only person who adds a shot or two, every now and then, to a particularly annoying dead "enemy." When they piss you off too badly, it just takes a lot of will power not to kick them when they are down - but when I do it, I am hoping that they see it on kill cam.

Lol what ya gota do when u get back at some one walk up behind them with a cooked granade and just stand there letting them know I could have shot you or knife them but I stood here to watch you die hehe mabie that's a bit to far but ehh o well

I like how you think LOL. Problem is you couldn't catch the guy the other night let alone get in and stand behind him as he just kept running. How the heck can guys drop to the ground so fast in the prone position? I had a guy in my sights the other day and ripped off a few shots and he just seemed to disappear, then I got to watch the kill cam as he killed me and as soon as I fired he just hit the ground and shot me. When i go prone it takes way longer than that.

I forget but you either hold the button to drop or double tap it or he might have a bot running if he is in prone and he gets shot it auto drops you cheating there are a lot of bots out there like the auto aim bot where some guy is just running around the second the sights cross you it starts to fire and will stay firing where you are like the guys with the p90 and rapid fire that never seem to miss there are some I like to call lag bots this is like the anti aim bot when there aim bot sees you its not realy shooting at you just behind you or to the side it lies to it good way to piss off the cheaters and then they just leave the room cause I make it a point to find that person and just stab them the whole time lightweight marathon pistol with combat knife or tactical knife option and something else I forget ohh the knifing pro thing that's just an evil combo run right threw claymores bullets at closerange all that good stuff also gota get you some soft touch temp buttoms and install them under your controler so you don't have to move your thumbs for reloading jumping or prone drop lol just use your middle finger and push the buttons under the controler I swear that's not cheating its optimizing your controler

I was reading some posts about how to play the game and discovered that I was taking a somewhat backwards approach to playing. I was using Ninja mode, and trying to play in a sneaking and stealthy mode. But, being faster, and being able to use marathon, made a big difference. I am not good at sniping, so running around like crazy, shooting people with an Uzi at close range, has been much more productive and fun for me. WJ

Yup. You have to find what method works best for you. Some people like to run-n-gun, some like to snipe. I'm an in between kind of guy. I love the sneakiness of Ninja Pro and CB-Pro most of the time.

Lol what ya gota do when u get back at some one walk up behind them with a cooked granade and just stand there letting them know I could have shot you or knife them but I stood here to watch you die hehe mabie that's a bit to far but ehh o well

That's actually a challenge. You have to kill yourself and one enemy by cooking a grenade and not throwing it. I've only been able to do it once. I caught a sniper sleeping on Wasteland, and he stayed still long enough for me to cook it off and complete the "Misery Loves Company" challenge. :lolol:

I am going to resort to what old, technologically challenged people do all over the world --- ask my daughter's boyfriend to show me how to do something on the PS3. I simply cannot message on PS3. I know you guys have tried to walk me through it, but I just can't make it work. I can get the message typed, but I can't send it anywhere. UGH!

I also think I'll get a headset. Some of these loud mouth teenagers need a voice of reason in the game. lol

I've got to learn how to sight faster with a scope. Some female just sniped the _ell out of me last night. She killed me off about five times with her Barrett. I just can't hold on target long enough. and steady enough, on a consistent basis. I wonder if she was cheating somehow, because she was near me too much and she was very accurate. Or, when I use the thermal scope on the SCAR, it takes so many hits to kill someone, that they move out of my cross hairs after one or two hits and I have to chase them down looking through the rather narrow focus of the scope- which I find to be too much trouble.

I also seem to have the wrong load out most of the time. I go basic, with no technology, trying to run around and kill people quickly, and someone with the heart monitor/sensor stalks me. Or, I go with lots of technology, and I am too slow. Oh well, it makes the game more interesting to try and guess which combination to use with which location.

I've got to learn how to sight faster with a scope. Some female just sniped the _ell out of me last night. She killed me off about five times with her Barrett. I just can't hold on target long enough. and steady enough, on a consistent basis. I wonder if she was cheating somehow, because she was near me too much and she was very accurate. Or, when I use the thermal scope on the SCAR, it takes so many hits to kill someone, that they move out of my cross hairs after one or two hits and I have to chase them down looking through the rather narrow focus of the scope- which I find to be too much trouble.

I also seem to have the wrong load out most of the time. I go basic, with no technology, trying to run around and kill people quickly, and someone with the heart monitor/sensor stalks me. Or, I go with lots of technology, and I am too slow. Oh well, it makes the game more interesting to try and guess which combination to use with which location.

I might be pointing out the obvious, but.............you do know you can hold your breath when looking through a sniper (or thermal) scope, right? Push and hold the L3 button (the left "toggle" button) and the crosshairs will steady for a moment. Be quick though, as you can only hold it for so long.

I suck at sniping on "core". Like you said, you hit them once, then they scamper and you can't get another shot on target quick enough to drop them. Only headshots are 1-shot sniper kills on "core" (and maybe the same goes if you're running Stopping Power, I'm not sure).

If you want to snipe easily, do it on Hardcore. Anywhere on the body, with any sniper rifle is a 1-hit kill.

That girl was probably "quick scoping" you. If someone is in the middle of your screen, and you hit the L1 button to pull up your sniper rifle, it will automatically lock on to them for a split second. If you fire off a shot in that split second, it's most likely going to hit.

My new favorite gun is the UMP45. That thing with a silencer on it is BEAST on Hardcore.

I enjoyed joining you guys last night we kicked some tail didn't we? I have since Prestiging been using the Famas with Stopping Power Pro and it's quite deadly. I did however feel as if I had a Tactical insertion strapped to my back on the Favela Map we all played on last night cause everytime I killed one or two guys there were 3-4 more while I was reloading. Also after you guys left I played Karachi and some sniper was up on a builbing that was in construction. Every one kept asking how did he get out there. I went to the map in a private match and tried to get up there and can't figure it out. Hope to see some of you tonight.

I enjoyed joining you guys last night we kicked some tail didn't we? I have since Prestiging been using the Famas with Stopping Power Pro and it's quite deadly. I did however feel as if I had a Tactical insertion strapped to my back on the Favela Map we all played on last night cause everytime I killed one or two guys there were 3-4 more while I was reloading. Also after you guys left I played Karachi and some sniper was up on a builbing that was in construction. Every one kept asking how did he get out there. I went to the map in a private match and tried to get up there and can't figure it out. Hope to see some of you tonight.

I'll be on tonight and will gladly join, but I may still not be able to respond back. I need to figure that out. Just invite me and I'll be listening, but likely will not be able to respond.

WJ

You can start your own private match with just you in a room and try and figure it out I can't think of what building you are talking about right off I have not played in a while ill have to see when I get home and let you know or mabie not hehe

It's prob the old building off backlot on Mw. You have to be able to do the elevator glitch to get out of the map. I thought about getting out of the map last night on wasteland and snipe from the radiation area but I loaded my class wrong and ran with it. Seemed to work out since my score was 39-1