First off I want to give Tony a special thanks for making me this fire breathing monster. I also appreciate everyone else who helped me along the way to make this build possible.

I have only taken her out to shoot twice 200+ rounds each time. She ran flawlessly with zero problems weather cycling cheap bird shot or 3in slugs and buck. I just want to say the recoil on this thing is not what I had expected at all. It kicks like a pussy cat. From what others had said on this forum I was expecting it to have much worse recoil. I could shoot this thing all day with no problems. I don’t know if its because I have the limbsaver on mine and others didn’t but my 60yr old mom was running through mags all day with me. Another thing is with the poly choke installed it patterned better than my winchester 1300 home defender. :super:

Sorry about the shitty pics I will post better ones when I could use a better camera.

P.S thanks for those who helped me with my grip bolt prob. I went and bought a tap/die set and fixed it in less than one minute.

Tromix 12in sbs:

-Side folding tromix stock w/limbsaver

-SRT trigger

-HK sights w/ xs ghost ring rear and tritium front post

-Galil charging handle (makes mag changes more natural imo)

-Poly choke II (solid version)

Going to change out saw grip for a hogue grip.

Also have the gunfixer plug but she runs fine on setting 1 for everyting.

post-8476-12703146136592_thumb.jpg

post-8476-12703146382683_thumb.jpg

post-8476-12703148113394_thumb.jpg

Edited by raidersfan_5544

Thanks slug-o. For me I found this to be the best set up. The 12in barrel is plenty compact enough and yet still produces good shot patterns at usable distances(with poly of course). The sights are ridiculous and super easy to pick up. The whole trigger job(srt) Tony did on this is nothing short of amazing. By far the best trigger I have on any of my guns. And the galil handle and folding stock just made sense.

I also have a Tapco galil handguard that I have added an aluminum rail, VFG(also have stubby vfg), and flash light. Just in case I need to go tactical.

post-8476-12703156161235_thumb.jpg

Hey Bob is it perfectly normal for them to run cheap bird shot and buck all on setting 1 from the start with no break in period? It seems alot of people have to switch from setting 1 for high brass and setting 2 for low brass.

Edited by raidersfan_5544

Hey Bob is it perfectly normal for them to run cheap bird shot and buck all on setting 1 from the start with no break in period? It seems alot of people have to switch from setting 1 for high brass and setting 2 for low brass.

My Tromix is like that. After about 400 rounds the gas system is mucked up enough to where it will stop cycling birdshot on #1. (On mine at least.) Hi-brass will still run like a champ even with a 1/4" plastic "hockey-puck" built up in there. Hows that for reliability!027.gif

Oh, and its the softest shooting shotgun I own, BTW.

They all run a little different, but in any case break-in shouldn't be an issue. Tony's work sort of eliminates the need for it.

You'll still need setting two for very light loads.