Vepr multi-caliber prototype

Looks like Molot was working on an interesting Vepr model before they stopped production.

qyb79t.jpg

Quick change barrel and interesting folding stock and bipod.

2uf7tl3.jpg

Cartridges - .35 Remington (9.0x49).308 Winchester (7.62x51).243 Winchester (6.0x53).

vs2v5v.jpg

2q9b67d.jpg

Izhmash sued Molot for unpaid royalties a few years ago, bankrupted them, assumed ownership of their equipment and factory. It was shuttered for a while. But the Molot site is still up and I've heard there is some reduced activity going on there now... though it's unclear what, exactly, they are producing for Izhmash.

I heard a rumor that there were some financial disagreements between Robarms and Molot and VEPR imports were ceased even before the bankruptcy occurred. They were only imported for a pretty short window of time, and since Molot was the primary RPK factory in Russia that's probably all we will every see. :cryss:

Edited by rob-cubed

I've been thinking of building a multi caliber AK.

Build the AK as normal but use screws to secure the front trunnion.

Complete AK front ends are some what cheap and most come assembled, all you need to do is tap the trunnions for screws.

The only thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is using different mags. AK-47 and 74 mags sure but I also want to be able to use the 308 mags.

If I can figure it out it would make for a great SBR. Build it up as a Krink clone and have 7.62x51, 7.62x39, 5.56/.223 and 5.45x39 with only paying one tax stamp.