.410 jamo-matic

I have a Saiga .410 with about 30 rounds through it. The first 10 or 12 went fine. Then it started jamming. Almost every round, most of the time won't even strip the first round. Happens with both 4 round mags, both 10 round mags, S&B and Federal 3" shot shells. Hangs up at the 2 o'clock position entering the chamber and cuts the shell open. I'm assuming I need to remove material to help it feed.

Anyone else have this, or have any good suggestions?

Clean EVERYTHING! The wifes .410 is 100% reliable so far, and I did give it a thorough cleaning. It appeared to have been fired extensively before we got it. Was purchased from CDNN as NIB. Good Luck.

G O B

• 3 months later...

After several years of absolutely jam-free performance, my sure-fire S-.410 jammed twice today (failure to feed/chamber) and this was when my 12-year-old granddaughter went with me to Cobra76's place to go shooting (for the very first time).

I kinda figure I need to follow the advice given above and really, asonthoroughly clean the beast.

Another problem reared its ugly head -- the shots were printing lower and really lower on the target. Reason? the front sight bead was busy unscrewing itself!

David