I wanted my new Saiga 762x39 to be able to accept Hi-cap mags without having to alter either an ak mag or altering the weapon itself. One way I thought I could do this is by purchasing one of those 30 round surefire mags (designated for the Saiga 762.39 ) that are blocked off to only accept 10 rounds and maybe removing the block somehow and putting in a spring that was designed for the 30 round mags. hence becoming a 30 round mag due to removing the mag block and installing a 30 round magazine spring..........so would this idea work?

P.S I dont care about the 922r compliant stuff so lets not waste time and bring it up. thanks :angel:

Edited by Section-8

Call me paranoid, but I wouldnt be publicly admitting you dont care if you make your rifle Illegal, or compliant with 922r(according to federal law). Nor would I ask people on a public forum to help you find ways to commit a felony......ph34r.gif

"sarcasm" On a side note....hey guys whats the best way to rob a bank? "sarcasm off"

seriously on a side note, come on man. Doing a simple conversion is A LOT cheaper than the legal troubles.

Then again according to your display name.....you prolly truly dont care and nothing we say will change your mind. 015.gif

Edited by Chevyman097

Replace the forearm with something US made and use surefires mags.

Parts count is 14 from factory

Forestock = 1

Mags = 3

means your at 10 and legal.

I don't understand what you mean by a blocked 30 round mag, if you live in CA you can get them like that but the mod is not reversible. If you use 10 round mags you don't have to worry about 922r unless you add a pistol grip.