Another gas question

I know to use setting 1 for magnum and other hot loads, and setting 2 for birdshot if it won't cycle under setting 1. Just wondering if my S12 is normal or an oddball, and maybe my settings are reversed?

OK, if I screw my gas plug all the way in until it bottoms out it is about a 1/4 turn from reaching the #1 detent setting. As I unscrew it (counter clockwise) i hit the number 2 spot first. I then have to unscrew another turn to reach the number 1 spot. Is this normal or is my #2 really my #1? And which #2 should I use for birdshot, the one before or after the #1 setting? Have I just thoroughly confused everyone??? Just seems #1 should come before #2 when unscrewing. :unsure:

the 1 will be turned out the half turn more(than 2) on a stock saiga.....

when you screw it all the way in it wont hit 1 turn it back and thats #2, turn out 1 half turn and then your at 1.....the plug goes a ways into the block, i wonder if this doesn't cause people problems they have over tightened the plug to get to 1.....

Edited by elia.jon1

I know to use setting 1 for magnum and other hot loads, and setting 2 for birdshot if it won't cycle under setting 1. Just wondering if my S12 is normal or an oddball, and maybe my settings are reversed?

OK, if I screw my gas plug all the way in until it bottoms out it is about a 1/4 turn from reaching the #1 detent setting. As I unscrew it (counter clockwise) i hit the number 2 spot first. I then have to unscrew another turn to reach the number 1 spot. Is this normal or is my #2 really my #1? And which #2 should I use for birdshot, the one before or after the #1 setting? Have I just thoroughly confused everyone??? Just seems #1 should come before #2 when unscrewing. unsure.gif

If you take the plug completely out and study its back side (the side that regulates pressure), in relation to the numbers 1 and 2 you should notice that when the #1 setting is selected, the gas ports should be mostly covered. Now line up setting 2 with the notch while the plug is removed and verify that the internal end of the regulator is now alowing your ports to be fully exposed. This is how setting 2 allows more pressure for those low brass practice loads to cylce the action complelety back if #1 is not sufficiant. If this is not the case then re-post with what you are observing.

My Siaga has the same condition as yours and I also thought that setup was strange but after studying its design it made sense. Hope this helps.