The only ones you're going to find these days are pre-ban, GunBroker.com is a good source. Also check the Chinese NDM's. Good luck and expect to pay top dollar.

On GunBroker, click on version 2 and search hightest price first to filter out all the PSL's. Also try searching SVD.

Edited by 6500rpm

Looked at GunBroker the other day--there was an Iraqi capture SVD for $15000, a Russian one, a couple Chinese NDM's, and a couple Tigrs (nonmatching furniture even) with prohibitive prices.

Hiw come they are so exoensive? Heck im better off just buying a 308 saiga, i only wanted one for a semi auto long range gun thats dirt cheap to shoot. Are there any other 762x54 semi autos beside a svt40? Which would be awesome to have but dam expensive too!

Hiw come they are so exoensive? Heck im better off just buying a 308 saiga, i only wanted one for a semi auto long range gun thats dirt cheap to shoot. Are there any other 762x54 semi autos beside a svt40? Which would be awesome to have but dam expensive too!

You could buy a Romanian PSL (ROMAK) but its really not the same as a dragunov. Save your money and buy the Tigr (approx $3500 on gunbroker usually).

Now in my case I own a PSL, and its OK, but I know deep down in my heart of hearts that it is an inferior stop-gap solution to my collection... :smoke:

How come they are so exoensive?

they are expensive because they are not imported, and hasn't been since 94, so what is out there is all there is. very limited numbers, there are fewer of these rifles in the market then the chinese pre-98 AK imports. the TIGR were only imported for just a few short years, 2 or 3

only a a handfull, maybe 100, soviet military ones were imported by KBI. you are looking at around 15K+ for one.

TIGRs, you're looking at 3K+. CALIFORNIA ARMORY TIGR, around the 6K range

NDMs are also way up in the price as well. 7.62x54r going for more then the .308 versions

these rifles now are now in the relm of collectors firearms.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Theres a izhmash tiger on gunbroker for 3k, that is one heck of a nice rifle withthe black furniture, says it was imported in 93.

the 2 I had, one was imported in 93 by BIG BEAR the other in 94 imported by CENTURY. I sold one of them to a buddy. still have the other, I hooked them up by by buying the soviet laminated furniture, and had the FH/front sight installed to the one I kept

3284dueling_dragunovs.jpg

the one I kept

SVD.jpg

I can tell you, the price I paid for both of them, as well as the furniture and FH/sight combo, is about half what one of them goes for now.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Looked at GunBroker the other day--there was an Iraqi capture SVD for $15000, a Russian one, a couple Chinese NDM's, and a couple Tigrs (nonmatching furniture even) with prohibitive prices.

Unless it was from the Gulf War or de-milled, it's probably bullshit. Did it have a capture slip?

Unless it was from the Gulf War or de-milled, it's probably bullshit. Did it have a capture slip?

There's a long description on the site and think they mention something about it originally supposed to go to a museum and they may mention papers--been a little while since I read it. Just look for the SVD with the huge price tag.