Shot saiga for the first time-ready for conversion?

So I bought my saiga 12 3 port 2 weeks ago, and finally got the chance to do some shooting. There arent many ranges around here and I live in city limits, but fortunately I know quite a few "country folk". Anyway.

I put 25 remington 2 3/4 00 buck through it on gas setting 1 without an issue. Tried running Federal bulk 2 3/4 7.5 shot and could feed 3 before FTE on setting 1. On setting 2, I ran 200 shells through it without issue except one failure to feed, and I think that was operator error. Didn't take long to get her sighted in, and shot accurately. And yes, my shoulder hurts like "poo".

The snake population is now under control on my friends land.

So given the performance of my saiga, is it safe to assume that she's ready for conversion without worrying about voiding warranty? Thanks for any input!

19" threaded. I plan on buying one of carolinashootersupply's conversion kits, with tromix fcg, tromix diy, tapco folding stock and saw grip, along with 3 agp 10 rounders. On that subject, does anyone have any experience with the tapco folding stock? How is it ergonomically?

Welcome to the Forum.

Check out this thread if you havent this guy listed all you need for a conversion. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=53333

Congrats on pain free saiga 12 :) I got one like that too, maybe right now they got a good batch of s12's everywhere :) I didn't replace anything on it no gunfixers plug, puck or any other stuff just polished the internals and runs even more smooth. POst up some pics whwn you are done.

I personally don't care for the Tapco folder. They are fine as far as I know, but there are many other stocks I would consider first. Actually, I would go with a fixed Warsaw length stock before the Tapco folder. Have you took a look at the AGP or ACE folders? They cost more, but I think it is worth the extra expense.

post-22401-12716251865606_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input!

Im going to be placing an order either tomorrow or tuesday. Do the AGP or ACE folders have a decent recoil pad? Are they just higher quality parts? I don't mind spending a little extra money for quality.

The only remaining questions I have is what else would you guys consider nessicary or great to have with a conversion? I dont really feel a need for a gunfixer plug, as was said above. I have shot the primary 2 types of ammo I plan on using without hitch. Also, shooting with the stock folded, is a forearm grip needed for accurate shooting? What good rails/grips would you guys recommend? I intend on keeping the stock sights if there is a decent rail available that would enable that.

It's a metal vs plastic thing. tapcos are plastic reinforced with glass and have a reputation for flexing. Ace is component based and compatable with a bunch of styles of stock. Pretty much all of them need a recoil pad afterward.

Thanks for the input!

Im going to be placing an order either tomorrow or tuesday. Do the AGP or ACE folders have a decent recoil pad? Are they just higher quality parts? I don't mind spending a little extra money for quality.

The only remaining questions I have is what else would you guys consider nessicary or great to have with a conversion? I dont really feel a need for a gunfixer plug, as was said above. I have shot the primary 2 types of ammo I plan on using without hitch. Also, shooting with the stock folded, is a forearm grip needed for accurate shooting? What good rails/grips would you guys recommend? I intend on keeping the stock sights if there is a decent rail available that would enable that.

The recoil pad on the AGP folder is an ACE pad and it is a comfy as I could imagine any pad being. The AGP has QD swivel attach points (4) and loops for sling mounting (2). Great folder in my opinion.