Mak 90 bolt peening

Sorry about the crumby picture but my camera is going out, there is a small groove or gouge in the face of the bolt right over the thin part above the extractor, it does not go into a crack or anything, would you guys worry if you saw something like this on your bolt or is it normal ware and tear? It is not very deep but If I run my finger nail over it I can feel it.

post-23806-12716476077389_thumb.jpg

That's not normal.

Worry.

More and more serious issues seem to be coming to light with Mak 90 bolts/bolt carriers. Looks like the Chinese found a way to fuck up AKs, (along with everything else they make).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I Love my Mac90 and General Tso Chicken Both are Chinese and very well made

If you say so.. thing is, a lot of Mak 90 bolts don't bear that out. :unsure:

Look around the interweb some, you'll see that liver eater's far from alone in having problems with his Mak 90, (bolts are breaking). My guess is that the Chinese did with these rifles what they do with so many other things they produce.. i.e. use cheap materials and/or take shortcuts in the manufacturing process. This results in an inferior product every time.

A Polytech is what I'd consider a quality Chinese "AK". These later-model Mak 90's... not so much.

I have 3 MAK 90's. None have bolt or carrier problems & this is the 1st problem I've seen with those guns, & I read 4 different AK forums daily. Look at all the problems Arsenal LV has had lately. However, I'd get that bolt magnafluxed to check for internal cracks. GARY N4KVE

I have 3 MAK 90's. None have bolt or carrier problems & this is the 1st problem I've seen with those guns, & I read 4 different AK forums daily. Look at all the problems Arsenal LV has had lately. However, I'd get that bolt magnafluxed to check for internal cracks. GARY N4KVE

First you've heard of it? :huh: Granted, it's not an "AK forum", but check this out.

What problems at Arsenal are you referring to? I'm just curious, as the SGL rifles I've owned have all been absolutely beautiful and extremely well-built.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Well I read the thread you refered me to, & yes, I guess there have been a few problems with Chinese bolts. I've never heard of this before, but the photo's are the proof, but you made it sound like lots of Chinese bolts were breaking. A friend of mine has a well used MAK 90 & it's nothing for him to blow out 150 rounds in a few minutes without any problems. As with anything, no product has a 100% success rate. My friend purchased 2 454 Chevy factory crate motors, & they were both bad. The 3rd was a charm. As to the Arsenal defective guns, yours are Saiga's they imported & are well made, however a few years ago they were having serious problems with their Bulgy made 106, & 107's. Many guns went back to the factory. However, now I have seen the photo of the busted Chinese bolt, so they're not perfect either. But, most important to me is my 3 are perfect. LOL. Even space shuttles have failed. GARY N4KVE

• 3 weeks later...

That's not normal.

Worry.

More and more serious issues seem to be coming to light with Mak 90 bolts/bolt carriers. Looks like the Chinese found a way to fuck up AKs, (along with everything else they make).

Way to to jump to conclusions over a crappy pic and make yourself look like an ignorant snob. It's possible he got the rifle from a previous owner who might have tampered with it.

I Love my Mac90 and General Tso Chicken Both are Chinese and very well made

If you say so.. thing is, a lot of Mak 90 bolts don't bear that out. :unsure:

Look around the interweb some, you'll see that liver eater's far from alone in having problems with his Mak 90, (bolts are breaking). My guess is that the Chinese did with these rifles what they do with so many other things they produce.. i.e. use cheap materials and/or take shortcuts in the manufacturing process. This results in an inferior product every time.

A Polytech is what I'd consider a quality Chinese "AK". These later-model Mak 90's... not so much.

Okay so 1 case and this one is just a maybe. I don't care if its American,Russian,Chinese, or German gun they aren't 100% resistent to manufacturing flaws. Chinese AK's generally have a good track record.

Edited by Ermac