That's a rather interesting design to say the least (specifically regarding the bolt).

After seeing so many variations on an AK's theme; many of which make AKs lean toward appearing somwhat like an AR (due to furniture selection), this is the first that I've seen where an AR is beginning to look like an AK (via the extended charging handle attached to the bolt).

:chris:

I called LAR to ask about it (well, I actually ordered one---I could not resist, as I have serious hoarding issues. lol) and it comes in either a right side, a left side, or an ambidextrous version. They are so new, she was not sure if they had any ambidextrous ones built and ready for sale, or if they would cost more. I asked for the ambidextrous version if they have one, or can build one (she said that would take three days!!!!) otherwise I told her the right side charging handle is fine for me, as they are in stock.

Now, I have to pick a lower to put it on.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

That's a rather interesting design to say the least (specifically regarding the bolt).

After seeing so many variations on an AK's theme; many of which make AKs lean toward appearing somwhat like an AR (due to furniture selection), this is the first that I've seen where an AR is beginning to look like an AK (via the extended charging handle attached to the bolt).

:chris:

Yeah, but is something like this going to make the AR platform anymore reliable? If so, i have a new stripped lower that might be getting an upper pretty soon..lol

Now, I have to pick a lower to put it on.

Hell, might as well use an LAR Grizzly lower to throw it on :D . There was a place selling stripped LAR lowers for $95. Installing an LPK is super easy (and fun). I'll see if I can find the vendor who has that deal, and PM you the link if I can find it.

EDIT: PM sent.

Edited by -Shooter-