searching of 223 mags

Do you have to do anything to the Galil mags to make them work? Or are you good with just the bullet guide and no tab on your rifle?

Only a bullet guide is required to run poly Galils . . .

Do you have to do anything to the Galil mags to make them work? Or are you good with just the bullet guide and no tab on your rifle?

The steel Galil mags need no modification to work in my gun. However, I plan on altering mine to remove the excessive wobble, if my experiment with one goes OK.

The Orlites need a little material removed to fit. It becomes obvious what needs to be removed when you try to put them in the rifle.

Edited by Jim Digriz

I tried a couple of the steel ones in my gun and they wouldn't work. They sat too low for the bolt to strip the round right and I couln't seem to fix it. You could always pick up a few and try them. Other people use them and love them.

• 2 weeks later...

The TAPCO Galil magazines fit a little tighter than the steel magazines, much like the Magpuls in an AR15. If you mention code s12forum during checkout, you will get 5% off the magazine price.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/tapco-30rd-galil-golani-magazine-black-p-987.html