I paid $1274 shipped on GB a few minutes ago. I don't know if I overpaid, but there was another one on there for $1.399. Whatever, I wanted it and they don't come along every day. Seller says it has less than 100 rounds and the underside of the bolt makes that claim seem credible. It has the triangle stock on it. I want to do a form 1 after I get a few other things taken care of. Any suggestions on a tri rail, optic mount, optic, and muzzle device?

Do you have a 107ur? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

Anyone know what size the port needs to be after cutting the barrel?

post-22401-12729462983635_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I have had a long time 'gun crush' on these little rifles. I never really considered buying one until a few days ago.... pricey little devils. I can't wait to fondle it :wub:

.... and to think I almost bought two Dracos instead. Nothing wrong with the Dracos, but they don't compare to the 107UR. I still want at least one though. I think that may be next on the list.

You got pretty good deal. I paid $1299 for mine about a year ago. Another rail option would be a Stormwerz Rail but you will have to put 3 holes in your top cover to mount it. I think the Ultimak is a good option too.

You got pretty good deal. I paid $1299 for mine about a year ago. Another rail option would be a Stormwerz Rail but you will have to put 3 holes in your top cover to mount it. I think the Ultimak is a good option too.

Hi Norty,

Plans have changed. The wife got laid off yesterday, so I'm going to keep it simple and just get the stamp for now. Well.... at least I'll have plenty of time to research what parts I want and where to get them for a good price, lol.

Shit happens....

I paid $1274 shipped on GB a few minutes ago. I don't know if I overpaid, but there was another one on there for $1.399. Whatever, I wanted it and they don't come along every day. Seller says it has less than 100 rounds and the underside of the bolt makes that claim seem credible. It has the triangle stock on it. I want to do a form 1 after I get a few other things taken care of. Any suggestions on a tri rail, optic mount, optic, and muzzle device?

Do you have a 107ur? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

Anyone know what size the port needs to be after cutting the barrel?

post-22401-12729462983635_thumb.jpg

Very nice, I'm jealous. I wanted to get an SLR-107UR, but the distributors were sold out. I ended up getting an SLR-106UR.

I agree with Sal about the Ultimak rail being the best option. You can get a version made for the Arsenal "Krinks."

As for the gas port size, my understanding is that Arsenal inserts a bushing to reduce the port size so the gun will not be overgassed with the longer barrel. If you cut the barrel down, removing the bushing results in the gas port size being correct.

Hi Norty,

Plans have changed. The wife got laid off yesterday, so I'm going to keep it simple and just get the stamp for now. Well.... at least I'll have plenty of time to research what parts I want and where to get them for a good price, lol.

Shit happens....

I feel you man. Shoot me a pm when you get a chance. I have a little info for you.

Another rail option would be a Stormwerz Rail but you will have to put 3 holes in your top cover to mount it.

Link?

Don't think you can link it but if you google stormwerks not "stormwerz" you'll find it.

Another rail option would be a Stormwerz Rail but you will have to put 3 holes in your top cover to mount it.

Link?

Don't think you can link it but if you google stormwerks not "stormwerz" you'll find it.

Opps on the misspelling (Stormwerkz)...like sunnybean said just google it.

Nice score, just stay away from the inferior Krebs system and go with an Ultimakrail:

The Krebs system is not inferior. You should think before you wright.

It weighs more (because it does not replace the gas tube) and it does not allow for co-witness. It is inferior.

• Like 1

Nice score, just stay away from the inferior Krebs system and go with an Ultimakrail:

The Krebs system is not inferior. You should think before you wright.

It weighs more (because it does not replace the gas tube) and it does not allow for co-witness. It is inferior.

bigsal do you have any pictures of your Krink with the Ultimak for us?

I do not own a 107UR? Not sure why you think I do?

Well I thought this thread was about this type of rifle. You chimed in to say Krebs was inferior to the Ultimak which lead me to believe you have some hands on experience with these two different setups for this type of rifle. Plenty of pictures floating around with Stormwerkz & Krebs but not so many for the Ultimak. I have the Stormwerkz but I would rather not drill the holes in the top cover so this leaves the other two options.

• Like 1

Well I thought this thread was about this type of rifle. You chimed in to say Krebs was inferior to the Ultimak which lead me to believe you have some hands on experience with these two different setups for this type of rifle. Plenty of pictures floating around with Stormwerkz & Krebs but not so many for the Ultimak. I have the Stormwerkz but I would rather not drill the holes in the top cover so this leaves the other two options.

Let me guide you through my thought process on this one. Maybe you will come to a similar conclusion...

Step One: Add the weight of the Krebs unit and the gas tube together. Compare it to the Ultimak.

Step Two: Only one setup allows for co-witness.

Conclusion: One set up is inferior.

• Like 1

I have an SLR-106UR, and I have the Ultimak rail for it. The correct Ultimak rail IS available, although it may not show up on the Ultimak website. I am having my SLR-106UR made into an SBR, so I cannot show a picture of it with the Ultimak rail on it. However, there is a picture of an SLR-107 UR made into an SBR with an Ultimak rail here

38.jpg

I have an SLR-106UR, and I have the Ultimak rail for it. The correct Ultimak rail IS available, although it may not show up on the Ultimak website. I am having my SLR-106UR made into an SBR, so I cannot show a picture of it with the Ultimak rail on it. However, there is a picture of an SLR-107 UR made into an SBR with an Ultimak rail here

that is the proper configuration. Are you eventually going to remove the dust-cover rail?

38.jpg

that is the proper configuration. Are you eventually going to remove the dust-cover rail?

That one isn't mine. It is a Rifle Dynamics build for someone else. I expect it will be months before mine is done due to the paperwork and backlogs. Mine will not have the rail attached to the hinged dust cover, just the Ultimak.

38.jpg

That one isn't mine. It is a Rifle Dynamics build for someone else. I expect it will be months before mine is done due to the paperwork and backlogs. Mine will not have the rail attached to the hinged dust cover, just the Ultimak.

Awesome. Good luck with the build. It is hard to believe there are still people out there who think the Krebs rail has any advantage over the ultimak setup.

38.jpg

Awesome. Good luck with the build. It is hard to believe there are still people out there who think the Krebs rail has any advantage over the ultimak setup.

Thanks man. I really think that the Ultimak is the best way to go too.