Conversion #2, the 20 is sweet!

I did a .410 first, but #2 was a 20 that I think was easier and turned out nicer. Maybe it was just the experience of having done one conversion already. And, not cutting out the PG-nut hole for the standard AK grip. The Tapco SAW grip went on with just a small amount of enlongating of the original Saiga trigger slot. I also ground down the rivets on the bottom of the receiver that are sometimes removed and leave holes. Anyway, that and the grip made it a 'cleaner' conversion than the first one. Not that my .410 is ugly in anyway. :smoke:

This one is a "22, but I just got a line today on a "19 that a guy has local and only want's what CDNN was selling them for a year ago. :super::super:

I've got to wonder if this habit of tinkering with these things is any cheaper than say a dependency on some illegal white stuff of some flavor or another? :dollar::eek::dollar:

Oh well, at least it easier to stay on the right side of the law with the Saiga's, and probably have more of a blast doing it! :killer::super:

Also, just got my pair of 8 round mags for this thing today from Dmitry in Russia!! Havn't had a chance to take any pics yet with them though.

post-1486-1113969897_thumb.jpg

I bet the 12 will end up looking even better if Elite is working on it. Can't wait to see some pics of what you end up with, on both of'em.

On the same note, I can't wait to see what I end up with after converting a "19 20gauge, hopefully with an FSB from RusMilitary.

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting to be a problem. PG conveted Saigas coming out the wood work. :lolol:

I am convinced though, that the shorter barrel piece's end up looking uglier and meaner. :smoke:

BTW, don't let the .308 on top and .410 on the bottom distract you, the "19 20 is in the middle. :D

I just can't wait to get some kinda hi-cap .308 mag with out ANY modifications. Can't wait to see what Daewoo has to offer. The attached pic would look better if all three had big sticks hanging down. :super:

post-1486-1115530337_thumb.jpg

Edited by AK-treO8

Ewwww!!..Kewl Look'n!!...That wood on the 30 cal is purty sexee ,too....Don't somebody sell a conversion adaptor that enables the use of easily attainable Hicap mags???

I may try one of those AR style stocks on the newest 12..after I get it back from Elitew/romy folder...As soon as I figure which metal adaptor is best thats pop'n up on all the suppliers list..That one that BlackJack shows with a Ace Ltd M4 SOCOM that fo9lds looks kind'a kewl..but I bet it's a Heavy MF w/ all the metal added to it...& it looks kind'a bulky even when folded

Are ya gonn'a use a Romy folder on the new S20?..I think they're really sweet on the 20s & 410s'..

Have you used one of those Hook wire replacements Made out of flat metal??..Is it easier to get in & out??..I had experience with one of those animals today when I pulled my BHO out of one of my S12s..It's hard to believe that little wire spring is all thats securing the Trigger & hammer pins... :eek: