FYI, I bought 2 10 round Mags and their AK sights..........pure cheap junk. The mags had to be fitted and they will not feed to yet. The stock four round will run all day. The elevated sights are black painted and very low quality and the dovetail provided is the same is came stock on the gun. The mags flatten the shells and never even fed the first round. I called the guys and they said to fit them by starting to grind the bottom of the locking tab until the would latch up. THAT is not and big deal but for $158.00 bucks I guess I expected more.

What ever,my bad

Dear Sir,

You have placed an order with MJS Global on April 26th, we shipped your order out, the following morning, on April 27th, and you have received your order on May 3rd.

As I have told you, in our phone conversation on Tuesday, May 4th, when I returned your call, after being given a message by Jane, who initially answered a call you place to us, MJS Global is not a manufacturer of any of these parts – we are an on-line mail order store. The magazines are manufactured by SGM Tactical (formally known as Surefire) and the Elevated Front Site and the Replacement Rear Site are manufactured by a different company in Russia.

In our phone conversation I have attempted to explain that, due to tremendous differences in factory tolerances on these guns, it is impossible for any manufacturer to produce a magazine that will fit all guns the same way. The same statement stands true for the Russian factory magazines. The reason that your factory magazine fits so well is that your gun was actually "built around that magazine". That is the way these guns are assembled by the factory. If you do a little bit of research on this topic on the internet, I am sure you will find that to be the case. If you were to try a substantial number of other factory magazines you would have found exactly the same issues with them as well – some would be very loose, some nice and snug, some will not fit at all. The manual, which comes with the factory Russian magazines, provides that same fitting instructions that I have given you over the phone, to which you have replied that you already own a Saiga-12 and you are aware of the magazine situation.

To your question about the Replacement Rear Sight, that you referred to as dovetail, I have stated that although it is the same type of a sight, it is not the same as it has a narrower and deeper opening to allow for easier and better aiming when used in conjunction with the AK style, Elevated Front Sight's taller sight post, that you also purchased, unlike the factory one that is considerably wider and shallower, made to work with the factory bead sight.

saiga-sights.jpg

As I have proposed, in the same phone conversation, form the very beginning, if you are not satisfied with the parts that you received, you are more than welcome to ship them back to me and I will issue a full refund. You have replied that you do not wish to do that, and you choose to keep the parts.

I do not know what else I can offer to resoleve the situation to your satisfaction.

There is no conspiracy theory to steal your money.

My initial offer of a full refund still stands.

I am very sorry that you are so dissatisfied with this transaction and feel a pressing need to come here, a week later, and drag my company's name through mud for no good reason, but, be it as it may, it does not change any of the above stated facts.

Thank You,

Max

MJS Global, Inc.

fate, FWIW I have five different magazines and all of them needed a little fitting. They're plastic and they're going into a sheet metal receiver. Remember, these are simple, low cost guns. Simple designs too. A little grinding and fitting and they work great. Durable & dependable. I've had to file the tooth that locks the mag in place on a few and I've had to shorten the legs on the follower to reduce the stack up height in the mag body. Give it a little attention, I think you'll be happy.

It is common that even factory mags may require some use to fit easily. Its inherant in the design of the gun that it has loose tolerances.

I pulled a brand new in the box gun out of inventory last week, and the penciled serialed mag to the gun just BARELY fit into it, and needed to be locked in a few times to seat easier.

OK, no problem on the mag fit........I fixed that, they latch up. You guys tell me how you make them feed. I would love to make this gun run. I do not want to sell it. The mags flatten the shell and they will not feed. You put in the 4 round and they will run any assortment and as fast as you like. I simply wanted the gun to be dependable so I could leave it out of the gun safes for home protection and trust it. Please make me a Saiga fan.....I'm trying smile.gif

BTW the rear sight is exactly like the picture you posted the squre one is what is on tthis gun. And i thank you

for the offer to refund but I bought these and you did not misrepresent them.

Edited by Makc

I read the thread, I hate to grind these mags if this thing is going to end up at a gunshow to get rid of. I tried running the gun with all differnt kinds of ammo and still no deal thru the 10 round mags the 4 round factory runs fine with any mix. Whew and I have 350.00 worth of 3" .410's

-fate-

Fate, I think that you will find that most folks here have been pretty satisfied in their dealings with MJS Global and Makc.

The truth is that this gun, due to loose manufacturing tolerances, requires some fitting. If you are not prepared to do that, you will not be happy no matter who you buy from.

So you guys are thinking maybe grinding of the follower to lessen the pressure on the shells will not flatten the rounds. But why with this much pressure upward do the rounds not feed with ease? And why with the four round mags which seem to have as much pressure and are hard to load, does it feed like mad !

-fate-

OK. Will the shells feed from the ten round magazines with only nine rounds loaded? With only eight? Can you post a photo of the "flattened" shells? If it feeds with eight or nine loaded then the stack up of the spring retainer at the base of the magazine, the spring and the follower is too tall. It sounds like you are getting a solid stack and that the spring is fully compressed. "But why with this much pressure upward do the rounds not feed with ease?" It sounds like the rounds are being forced against the bottom of the bolt. Are the last round or two difficult to load into the magazine? Can you compress the stack of shells a little when ten are loaded? I think an easy test is to remove the spring retainer and load the magazine. (There's a thread somewhere that describes opening a magazine. if you can't find it and can't figure out how to do it, let me know). This will decrease the stack up height by 1/8" or so and should make a difference. Try compressing the stack in the magazine. Do you get a little flex? Try loading it into the magazine well. Is it any easier? Chamber a round. Does the bolt drag? Fire a round. Does the spent shell eject? Is a new round chambered? If you see some improvement then I think the next step is to file or cut a little (say 1/8", see the drawings in the earlier post) off of the followers legs. You only need to modify one follower so you're risk is minimized. Your comment about re-sale is a little puzzling. If you're not satisfied with the gun, then sell it and move on. I don't think you'll have trouble finding a buyer, particularly if you have extra magazines and a load of ammunition. If the gun doesn't work, then why bother with it? Sell it and move on, even if you take a loss. We live and learn. I understand your position that you spent a sum of money and that your expectations were not met, but consider that the gun works well with some magazines and not with others, so it's a magazine problem. Try the tests with a problem magazine and see if you can't get some improvement. I think you'll be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on it, I do not take it to the range everytime but when it fires after having trouble even chambering a first round with the big mags it bends nd flattens the next round and does not chamber it. Like a stovepipe on a pistol round. I am not giving up and I like the look of the little gun. BUT..... the AOW 870 is still standing guard duty for now. I just think this thing would be a hoot SBSed and dressed out and running right.

Just my thoughts

Edited by -fate-

for some reason every s12 mag i have tried in mine fits....my promag i bought when the first came out was a little tighter...

but the ak style front post, while its supposedly made in russia why did it have a made in china sticker on the box(package)?

if someone has the answer to that please pm me

You may want to disassemble the surefire mags & check to see if the mouth of the mag is too narrow & dragging on the shells.

If you check your factory mag, you'll find no drag.

I once had an S-12 surefire that had an issue somewhat similar to ProMag's issues, where it was too narrow, this caused a slight amount of drag & trouble feeding. Not hand cycling mind you, but it slowed the shells just enough to impede proper feeding during live fire.

I assume this may have been caused by the mags being subjected to some type of pressure directly after they came out of the injection molding press & were still hot. (The lowest level production workers tend to be the ones who pull the parts out of the injection molding presses... They're not necessarily intellectual powerhouses with foresight into these things.)

To remedy mine, I inserted an object slightly larger than a shell into the mag & dipped it in boiling water for 10 seconds & let it cool. This brought the I.D. to proper specs & is not possible to detect, as there is no tooling marks on any of the polymer.

The good news is, once fixed (if this turns out to be your issue) They will not re-collapse like ProMag. The Polymer is harder & they have no spring clip feed lips to apply pressure like the ProMags.

So pretty much, use your factory mag as a guide to tell you the dimensions the after-market mags should be.

Or, if you keep on top of rusmilitary, you may be able to catch Oleg when he has your factory mags in... They'll cost you around $80.00 each shipped though.

Good luck.

The angle is wrong when the after market mags are installed I ground the followers and it has helped some. It is still not but about 50-60% with the 10 round mags. The mags needed the nose of the round lowered to feed "any" round including the first. Shame this thing will not run with the aftermarket mags. And it looks much better with the AK style front sight. Oh well....I tried.