muzzle brakes/flash hiders

I just got finished with a x39 conversion and cut the muzzle cover off to do a break/hider install.

I do not want to lose the flash so a flash hider is out. I do want some recoil and muzzle rise lessened, which is going to do this? I have seen all the pictures from our vendors and have seen the pictures posted, but what works? The AK 74 seems to be the most widely used now days.

I am open to what to install and whay others have used.

I'm going to install a jtac 47 brake tonight, I've read they are pretyy good but havent tried it yet. Its not authentic AK but its supposedly effective. Anyone have one and can chime in?

I'm going to install a jtac 47 brake tonight, I've read they are pretyy good but havent tried it yet. Its not authentic AK but its supposedly effective. Anyone have one and can chime in?

Hows your jtac working out? Been checking them out myself.

I'm using an FSC47 from PrimaryWeaponSystems on a Russian SKS. The recoil/muzzle rise is such that I've seen the hit on a bowling pin through the scope at 100yds. The flash at 10ft.to the side viewing is just a slight "glow" inside the unit. It sells at $100 + ship & is truly AMAZING. My next purchase will be their FSC30 for my Saiga .308. It's the same style but slightly longer with extra "braking/flash reduction" designed-in for the more powerful .308 round. :smoke::super:

Hows your jtac working out? Been checking them out myself.

Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. I'm having some issues with indexing it correctly.

I'll probably start a thread sometime today after I get some pics, to ask for advice on the best way to fix my problem. The problem isn't the break itself it has to do with the hack job I did removing the sleeve.

But I'll post a range report after I get it squared away.

• 3 months later...

I've got the P.W.S. J-Tac 47 and I really like it. I can definitely tell a difference with it on the rifle. The price was also a selling point for me (caught it for like $50 on sale).

I do 99% of my shooting offhand at 25-50 yds, and since I've started using it I can see an improvement in my groups. Maybe it's more of a practice issue than anything.. but the gun just seems to feel better now. It seems to have less muzzle rise and what little recoil the rifle had has been cut down considerably.

My main issue was trying to get rid of the little bit of whip that pulls you up off target when shooting double taps or quick 3-5 shot groups.. and it has helped with that, so I'm happy.

I also like the way it sounds with the j-tac... it's like it compresses the report into one crisp boom, but it doesn't seem to be a loudener so much as some other brakes.